• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 01:23:49 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Anyone doing anything nice for Christmas?

Started by Bazza, December 19, 2013, 02:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

There's been a severe lack of conversation on this group for the last few days, so I thought I'd post something banal and inoffensive.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

― Groucho Marx

matthewdick23

I'm having turkey and ham

and starting a new job with brewbot.

Bazza

Quote from: matthewdick23 on December 19, 2013, 02:56:05 PM

On Christmas day? Man their hours are harsh.

Nice one Matthew! All the best with the move. Hope all goes well and you get plenty of freebies for the club :)

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bill_00

Not a thing...may have a short sesh at The Hudson on Monday in lieu of the work Christmas Do

Taf

Does the pub open on xmas day up the north? What about good Friday?

matthewdick23

our very first club meet was on good friday!!

Taf

Quote from: matthewdick23 on December 19, 2013, 03:45:28 PM

FFS, stupid Irish licensing laws! Don't really mind not going on xmas day, although I did usually enjoy a few pints when I lived in Wales. Really pisses me off about good friday though.

Bazza

We're not totally off the hook on Good Friday. The pubs are only allowed to serve alcohol for 5 hours, or something like that.
Christmas day, I think we're okay. A bunch of us used to head out to Omagh or Cookstown on Christmas night. Although that was about 20 years ago  :-\

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Found out on Monday that the boss is letting us off 2 days early so off to the North Coast tomorrow for a week ;D

Will also get to try our first kegged beer!

What about you Barry?

sub82

Quote from: matthewdick23 on December 19, 2013, 02:56:05 PM

nice one Matthew - good stuff! All the best for this!

Taf

Quote from: iTube on December 19, 2013, 04:58:04 PM
Quote from: Taf on December 19, 2013, 03:52:35 PM
Quote from: matthewdick23 on December 19, 2013, 03:45:28 PM

FFS, stupid Irish licensing laws! Don't really mind not going on xmas day, although I did usually enjoy a few pints when I lived in Wales. Really pisses me off about good friday though.

Billy, move to Dublin. Everything's better up here. I spent last Good Friday knocking back pints in the bar in the train station (along with some dodgy people from the inner city, but ignore them). And unlike Cork there's a roof on our train station too!

Ha! Don't get me wrong, If I want pints on good Friday, I know where to find them, but I'm usually working, and normally save myself for the Easterfest on the Saturday. It's just the fact that if I want to stop for a quick one on the way home I can't. And the people who say it's only one day, really piss me off, as I don't go to the pub all the days that it is open.

Re moving to Dublin, the once or twice a year I get up that direction is plenty enough for me, as living out in the country is the only place for me nowadays. Also, I get the train in Mallow, so the Cork one having no roof, shouldn't be a problem.

Will_D

Quote from: iTube on December 20, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
I've asked my daughter for a Christmas jumper with flashing LEDs on it. You know the ones. So far she has failed to find one (I think she only looked in Tesco tho). Anyone any suggestions?
Comming from the man with more Arduinos/PICs/PLCs/old home computers than "soft Mick the computer collector"

Get your Arduino nano to do the job!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Bazza

Quote from: iTube on December 20, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
I've asked my daughter for a Christmas jumper with flashing LEDs on it. You know the ones. So far she has failed to find one (I think she only looked in Tesco tho). Anyone any suggestions?

Primark, apparently, Shane. Guy in work was wearing one so I asked him for you.

Though I believe you call it Pennys, (or maybe Cent(pl)  now) down there.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Quote from: sub82 on December 19, 2013, 06:09:37 PM
What about you Barry?

Pretty quiet, Chris. Working Christmas eve and then off till the 6th.

We're doing Polish Christmas dinner on Christmas eve (brother's girlfriend is Polish, and they traditionally do Christmas dinner on the 24th - usually about 12 courses. Sloo..)

Having wife's folks for Christmas dinner on 25th and then down to me mum's for a few days in Tyrone, where the car keys will finally be f**ked into a corner and many beers will be opened and deserved.

It's a tough life.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx