• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 01:07:38 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Started by Quiet_Man, December 31, 2013, 11:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiet_Man

It has all been a bit quiet_man on the Belfast site over the holidays!

So, firstly.........my very best wishes for 2014. What are your brew plans?

My stocks are running low.......can't believe how many bottles my better half gave out as Christmas pressies! Can't wait to see the next colour of her hair!!!! He's an Everton supporter so who really cares?

So, starting to think of what's next? Need a couple of staples.....a pale ale, an IPA, I even worked out an export exchange with a guy from Umbria, Italy - X bottles of my Salem Porter for X bottles of their own estate wine! Wow!

So, to you all.....HAPPY NEW YEAR! ......and lets brew.............any news on the barrel?

Bazza

Yep; it's been quiet alright.

All quiet in Bazzaland too. Missus working tomorrow which means I'm on kiddie duty, so cheese and crackers & trying to avoid Gary Barlow for me. Have to wake herself up at a minute to 12 to look at Big Ben. ROCK AND F***ING ROLL!!!

Stocks running low too (despite tonight's temperance). Thinking of another go at Proper Job, my Amarillo & Citra IPA and something more ale-y in the next few weeks. Also have some WOW and turbo cider that's long overdue bottling. 12 days off work and not a minute of it for brewing so far :(

Anyway, Happy New Year from me too. See you all in 2014 !!!

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Nice one Happy New Year everyone!

Quiet enough - enjoying beers, scrabble and jools!

Got an ESB ready for bottling, a collab with my brother-in-law fermenting away and a porter planned for Thursday.

Looking forward to our first meet of 2014 8)

Roo

Happy Brew Year to all. I have mostly been drinking my first all grain which turned out a bit cloudy and weak in colour to be fair......although very drinkable. It hasn't put me off more strengthened my resolve. Think my patience wore thin on waiting. Maybe a touch of moss required for the next one? Planning on one over the next few days.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Paddy

Going going Razzer. May there be many more! Aye I always find a bit of miss helps clear my beer up a bit.

Post fermentation Finnings work too but Ive heard some argue that they can effect flavour.

Got a Saturnalia Ale fermenting a few meads in secondary, wow bottle conditioning and plans for a staple so an apa/ipa, a pilsner given the cold weather and a wheat beer.

Timw to get the calculator out!

Happy brewing to all!