• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 04:09:34 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Barrel emptying Jan 25 -- roll call!

Started by admin, January 20, 2014, 07:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

Dodge

Good spoting, but no. It's an oryx😁. Has some significance with me

Ciderhead

And I was about to ask about carved map of Africa?

Dodge

You see when I take a picture I always include other items of importance!

Ciderhead

lordstilton

What carbonation level did you go for??

Dodge

Well I just connected mine and cranked up the co2 to get something in there. I will check to see what level to carb it to. Maybe 2 volumes

imark

Didn't take a reading. Will do this evening though.

I'm going to carbonate mine to 2.3vols over the next few days. I'll see if I can get a beer gun before then and bring a bottle to the competition in LC on Saturday.

@Dodge...Thanks for the beers. Delicious framboise but sadly the barley wine bottle hadn't carbonated. Dodgy bottle!

lordstilton

You can take a lend of mine.. I can bring it down Saturday or meet you during the week if you want it before then.. My barley wine was the same. Tasted pretty good flat though

imark

lordstilton

Gents it's fair to say we created something wonderful in that barrel.. Scrumdidlyumptious

brenmurph

mcgrath

Quote from: imark on January 26, 2014, 11:54:14 AM

@Dodge...Thanks for the beers. Delicious framboise but sadly the barley wine bottle hadn't carbonated. Dodgy bottle!

The bottle you gave me was fine. Really enjoyed it. Thanks...

Dodge

Stout was fab. really enjoyed my taster. Just need to carb and bottle the lot. Barley wine was bottle conditioned so those that had extra time in the warmth got better carb than those moved out the house early. Sorry for those that had ones not  carbed properly  :(

Dodge

@ Lordstilton, I didn't ask for labels but when I saw them they were fantastic and turbomyces gave me some of his. Sorry  ::)