• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 02:40:57 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello!

Started by Fatcontro11er, November 09, 2013, 05:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatcontro11er

Hi all just joined this site after directions from Irish goat, originally from Salford I have lived in Derry the last 11 years, I use a conglomeration of pans, boilers(burco) etc to brew ag having been brewing  since teens with kits then extract before moving to ag 6-7 years ago.i use bottles, pressure kegs,cask and corny kegs(Keggerator) depending on what I'm brewing for! I grow most of my own hops and I experiment with other ingredients some of which I grow at home eg oregano, lemon balm, coriander and various fruits with varying results.i was heavily influenced in drinking/ brewing by the craft/ real ale movement in the mid 80's around Manchester in particular the pubs- marble arch, kings arms and the beer house and Brendan dobbin's beers he produced at he's west coast brewery.
Stuart

Fatcontro11er

Will_D

Hi Stuart,

I went to Salford Uni in the 70s and lived on Sussex Street for a few years. Great place in those days!

When last there could not see anything left!

They even demolished my Chemistry tower!!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Fatcontro11er

You're right it seems to change every time I'm over( at least a couple of times a year) but there's always a great beer to be had and a great selection too!
I love getting back there the people are great but my home is here now,I'm happy to just see the folks and friends back in Salford visit a few places of interest then scoot back!