• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 07, 2024, 08:25:38 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

FYI: The Twisted Pepper Home Brewers Cup 4

Started by Jacob, February 28, 2014, 10:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Got this y-day

QuoteHi Folks,

We're holding the third Home Brewers Cup in association with National Homebrew Club on Sunday April 27th. The Event kicks off at 6.30pm. The event will follow the same format as last time. There will be four judges following the BJCP judging criteria. All entries will be required to enter their beers via email to myself by Thursday April 23rd. Entry is free. Maximum of 3 beers per person and you need to be there on the night. The following details will be required:

Name:
Email:
Style of Beer(s)

Although every effort will be made to seriously assess and judge each beer, I do stress as always the point of the competition is more about getting a lot of avid homebrewers and beer enthusiasts in the same room for the evening. All of you here entered before so hopefully you can make it down again and will spread the word with anybody else that may be interested in entering a beer.

Oh and if you need some inspiration last years winners Cathal and Emma have now gone to start up their own brewery :-)

Cheers

All interested please contact ->Ian<-

delzep

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I'll be a judge at this and it will be BJCP registered.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

beerfly

Will_D

Quote from: delzep on February 28, 2014, 10:45:57 AM
23rd of April is a Wednesday  ;)

As is 24th a Thursday!

Should have gone to specsavers:

They said Sunday 27th!!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

He's referring to the part where it says:
QuoteAll entries will be required to enter their beers via email to myself by Thursday April 23rd
Reuben Gray

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Yes there will be 4 judges. Same as last year except registered this time.
Reuben Gray

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Posted this in answer to a question on Beoir but I felt it will be useful here.

It says you are supposed to be there on the night. This is not great for people outside of Dublin.

Answer to that is:
QuoteRight, good news. You don't have to be there on the night personally. It's just that the beer needs to arrive that night. They are not storing beer.

So just nominate someone who will be there on the night and get your beer to them. As long as they show up that night it will be fine.
Reuben Gray

brenmurph

South Kildare will be there :)  again... we love the place! Great venue for a small comp and nice way to spend a sunday ( again!) Looking forward to it

Komodo021

Hi lads, just wondering what info needs to be on each bottle and how many bottles per entry are needed?

Cheers

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

The following details will be required:

Name:
Email:
Style of Beer(s)

If you have already mailed me your beers no need to mail them again, however if you have any changes mail them, will make things run smoother on the night.

Email : ian@bodytonicmusic.com
Reuben Gray

Dunkel

And it's four bottles of beer required - no size announced, but presume 4 x 500 ml.

brenmurph

first I heard of " four bottles"

we aint got 4 bottles of our entries

last twisted comps were 1 r 2 bottles

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I haven't heard of 4 bottles either. It's always two bottles. One for initial judging and a second for best of show. Leftovers go to the audience.
Reuben Gray

irish_goat

It was always 3 or 4 bottles as far as I remember.