• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:29:17 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March Meet

Started by iain_todd, March 05, 2014, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain_todd

Well lads,

What about meeting this month? Would anyone fancy the Paddy's Day weekend? Could be nice with Monday off work. I'd be up for a Friday or Saturday night.

What does everyone else think?
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Bill_00

Works for me! Friday probably the best day to avoid too many Paddy Day Punters though

iain_todd

What does everyone else think?
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Bazza

Hi Iain et al,

Sorry; I should really have been trying to organise something for March before now but work's been seriously getting in the way recently. Even stopped me getting a brew on this week :(

I'm with Chris about having it on the Friday. We were originally thinking of a brew day for March, but venue seems to be an issue so, while we try and sort something out, a wee meet in March would be good.

So it's the 17th then? Would be good if we could get that whiskey bar from the Hudson again. It was well grand :)

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Good stuff everyone! March is waaay to busy for us so gonna have to miss out.  :'(

iain_todd

Hi lads,

I was actually thinking the 14th, as the 17th actually on Paddy's Day could be an absolute mission. Or we could leave it until the next weekend and avoid Paddy's Day shenanigans altogether. What do you think? Friday 21st?

Bazza

My bad Iain. Meant to say '14th' but forgot to subtract the 3.

We don't get Paddy's day off work and I'm loathe to booking leave just to get suffocated in a crowd of pissed hick students.

-Barry

(for a definition of the word 'hick' just google 'Croke Park', '400,000' and 'Garth Brooks')
― Groucho Marx

iain_todd

So 14th or 21st, Baz?

Bazza

Ah balls. Just realised the missus is out on the 14th, so can't do that night anyway.

21st get's my vote but I guess that's kinda after the fact.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bill_00

21st still grand for me...gonna make this one...and may even have a sampler!

iain_todd

Ok so we go for 21st then? Do we need to let the Hudson know?

BrewBilly

21st for me lads, hopefully we can get the whiskey lounge with those sweet leather sofas again
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

iain_todd

Yeah I'd say the plastic Paddys will be out in force this weekend sampin shackin.

So 21st. What's protocol? Do Matty D or Chrissy T need to contact the Hudson, or can we do it?

sub82

Nah anyone can - if you can speak to Fergal there he knows what the craic is!

iain_todd

Ok cool. So 21st March then lads? 19:30 for 20:00?