• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 10:01:57 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March Meet

Started by iain_todd, March 05, 2014, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Quote from: iain_todd on March 18, 2014, 01:49:02 PM
Hi lads, yes this has been confirmed. So this Friday, 19:30 - 21:00.

How do I create an event in the main section of the website?

If you log in to the wordpress account there's a calendar section.

iain_todd

I take it I should probably have some login details somewhere then?!

::)
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

sub82

Yeah - it'll be the same as the ones you used to write the article.

sub82

Thanks Shane! Didn't know about the 'clone to draft' - every day's a school day!

iain_todd

Jesus lads, sure I'll never remember that!

I'll give it a go
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

iain_todd

Yeah no idea what my old login deets are. Think I may have just used Matty D's anyway...

Bazza

Quote from: iain_todd on March 20, 2014, 08:59:12 AM
Yeah no idea what my old login deets are. Think I may have just used Matty D's anyway...

Ooooo..... Iain. Compromising our tight security there. Hang your head. You'd get sacked for that sort of thing where I work- if you let on you'd done it, that is.

Annoyingly I've realised I'm on call tomorrow night. So in the 0.1% eventuality of some shitbox server falling over in some backwoods in Hicksville, Kansas, I've to disappear and respond within 30 mins to tell them if switching it off and on again didn't work then I'm all out of ideas, and why don't you get a life and go home; it's bound to be 5pm over there now and therefore the weekend.

Annoyingly (additional) I don't really have any brews to bring. Last thing I brewed was to use up the last of some grain and in a huge oversight I ended up having to resort to US-05 for what was meant to be a full-bodied English style session bitter. The resultant brew reminds me of a glass of diluting orange your granny might give you where it's so diluted it's practically clear. Strictly for home consumption that one.

Still, should be a good night.

-Barry

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

iain_todd

No worries Baz master. Sure we'll have good fun anyway.I've got a shitload of wine to bring, so we can just drink that. Might have a few nice beers to bring, too though.

Planning a Czech malt, German hops pale beer for the summer - gonna call it 'Kafka'

sub82

Just created the event - I take it we're in the Whiskey bar again?

Bazza

You making it down after all, Chris?
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Nah man - unfortunately still won't be able to make it. The in laws are down with us on Friday night!

iain_todd

Bazza

Aye; why not use the old popping out for a pint of milk for the tea and completely forgetting what number house you live in on the way home excuse?

Always fails.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Quote from: Tube on March 20, 2014, 02:16:14 PM
Just have the meet in Chris's house.

Sounds like a plan lads?!

iain_todd

Sounds like it's a party at Shano's this weekend then. Yyyeeeeoooooo!