• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:08:58 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March Meet

Started by iain_todd, March 05, 2014, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiet_Man

Great to meet you gents and thanks for sharing your beers.

The night certainly took off after we got that agenda out of the way!

The other Andy asked me what hops were in my beer - Northern Brewer, Centennial and Amarillo.

Right away to download and have another go at Beersmith!

Bazza

Tell you what, though, was a bit unimpressed by the 'attitude' I received at one point when I asked that my pint of Jaipur  be filled a bit more to something close to the requested volume.

Still, Jaipur on draught.  Excellent.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Andy. Just saw your post. Glad you enjoyed it and hope that means you'll make it to future meets. The wee IPA was the winner of the night in my opinion.

-Barry

P.s. Rory..... SUAREZ IS GOD!!!
― Groucho Marx

Roo

Blah blah......half way line goals rule

Razzer

Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

March 22, 2014, 11:05:11 PM #64 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:16:56 AM by Bazza
Blah blah blah Wayne Rooney.  Blah blah granny shagging pumpkin-faced ambassador for English football. Given the choice...erm.......

:)
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

"Glad you enjoyed it and hope that means you'll make it to future meets"

I did enjoy the night, but can't promise to be a regular. A Friday night out is a rarity, and Saturdays are too manic with the kids various sports and social activities - but I'll try! Mind you April looking busy already, what with Easter, etc.

Still can't make my mind up as to what to brew next!

Bottle of Razzer's Better Half Black chillin' for later!

Duffman

Other Andy reporting in alive.

Lookin forward to the next one fellas!

Cheers for the hop list, Andy.

iain_todd

Yeah was a good night. That ginger wine was rough as eff, wasn't it? Next time I'll have to bring down some actual beer. We'd a good wee night though didn't we?

I think the problem with the agenda is that the first thing on the agenda is "drink a shitload of beer"

I suppose it depends on what we want from the meetings - if we want a sensible, organised meeting with a chair and a bit of order, a seated environment might be more appropriate. As it is, we have it as a bit of a pub setting, which inevitably means it ends up like a pub atmos - everyone splitting into wee groups.

Good night though.
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Roo

Agreed........surely we could be all growed up and have like minutes and the like but the bloody beer gets in the way. I'm up for the next one and I'd love it to be a brew day.

Razzer

Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

I agree with all the above comments. Although in fairness we did kind of skim close to the agenda at one point, when Rory got the laptop out to look at Beersmith. Don't know if it was much help to you, though.

Yeah, time changes next weekend and we're into the longer (hopefully brighter and warmer) days so a brewday is a good idea. Only thing is, we still need to find a venue. I'm not sure if the Hudson 's the ideal place for it, given all the work they've done out the back. I get the feeling we make them nervous :)
On a completely unrelated note, I'm a tad embarrassed to show my face there for a while. Although I had a bit of a fall, it was due to tripping over a low stool behind me but this, coupled with the fact I'd a lot on board by the end of the night, was enough reason for the bouncers to see us out. I suppose it did look a bad; 2 blokes standing at a table with a shitload of empty beer and wine bottles  :-[

So, does anyone have any suggestions on venue/date for a brew day? Like Andy (Quiet Man), April's looking a little congested for me, but May is even worse.

Cheers,

-Barry

Ah, Iain. Only noticed you post about an April meet after responding here.
― Groucho Marx

iain_todd

At some stage over the summer, my house might do for a brew day, but at the moment Tamsin is doing her dissertation for her Masters and so it wouldn't be fair to take over the house for a whole Saturday.

So until the end of May, my house is out...

"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan