• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:26:58 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewday - 26th April

Started by iain_todd, March 24, 2014, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

So, do we want to start by getting a list of who's going?

1. Barry

-Barry (#1 in the above list)
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Roo

As it stands I'm in.....subject to change....Kids and Saturdays and all that malarkey.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

@geterbrewed

We are happy to support these events as it helps folk learn how to brew successfully so we will supply the ingredients for an all grain batch, what do you guys fancy brewing?

Have a look and let us know what you fancy brewing, I would recommend a white lab yeast vial too; http://www.geterbrewed.com/all-grain-brewing/ Hoping i'll get a few bottles out of this batch....

For the kit brewers we are happy to supply a beer starter kit; http://www.geterbrewed.com/complete-brewing-kits/ the best selling beer kit for beginners at the minute is Coopers; http://www.geterbrewed.com/coopers-beer-kits/ so I was thinking one of the Coopers Beer Kits with a can of light LME as an enhancer; http://www.geterbrewed.com/get-er-brewed-liquid-malt-extract.html

It would be awesome if some one could video it for future new comers.
Get 'er Brewed

Join the Revolution.

www.geterbrewed.ie

sub82

Sounds great! A vial of White Labs would be excellent!

What does everyone think? Possibly a pale ale and showcase some rinsey hops?

The coopers beer kit and LME sounds good to me.

sub82

Should we be flyering places (Vineyard/Lighthouse Wines/QUB) to get as much interest as possible?

Can maybe get this on the go again?

NHC Flyer

Bazza

@geterbrewed - many thanks for the offer of ingredients and kit. Very generous.

I agree pale ale for the AG batch. (Chris, what are 'rinsey' hops? Are they new-world hops developed by Apple's auto correct, perchance?  :)  )

Coopers Kit with LME sounds good to me. How about dry-hopping it with a few Goldings or Northern Brewer?

Flyers is a great idea, Chris. Between us we could get them round a few of the usual places. Maybe I'll drop a bunch through the front door of UTV on the way into work some morning :)  'Now on the Brew-TV - Brew-llian Simmons!'

My bro is a professional videographer so I'll see what he can do for us, though he may be too busy planning for his wedding for next month. Failing that, I can bring along our camcorder and tripod. Should do the job.

Let's try and think of a recipe over the weekend. Something summery with Armarillo, Citra or Galaxy springs to mind. Light, fruity, and around 5%?

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Sorry - should've clarified! Rinsey hops are a general umbrella term I picked up from my brother-in-law for any new world tropical/grapefruit/um bongo hops! :P

Good idea about dry hopping the kit! We could split it and try different dry hops? I've bobek pellets I could use.

I'll try and get some text onto that template over the weekend. There's a place in Lisburn that can print them.

Armarillo, Citra or Galaxy sounds great - a single hop beer or a combination of two or more? Should we use the grain bill from last summer's brewday or shake it up a bit?

BrewBilly

Add me to the list as well

I have kit that I could bring, possibly do a really large brew day - a couple batches.

Also happy to ferment some of the brewday wort, got us-05 yeast to go with that lovely new world hops

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Duffman

Apologies I can't make tonight lads; down in Tyrone and I haven't anything new brewed anyway so.

What a waste of that £3 for a Barry haircut!

Have a good one,

Wee Andy.

Bazza

Quote from: Duffman on April 12, 2014, 12:32:59 PM
down in Tyrone and I haven't anything new brewed anyway so.
You don't wanna be going there, man; it's overrated.

Actually, had my first experience of a Tyrone brewery last night. The Big House were doing bottles of Poker Tree Ruby; apparently brewed in Carrickmore, of all places. I'd recommend it. Was very impressed.

It's the future, Andy. Embrace it.

Good to see you can make it other Andy (BrewBilly).

So that makes:

1. Barry (Bazza)
2. Chris (Sub82)
3. Rory (Roo)
4. Andy (BrewBilly)
5. Jonathan (geterbrewed)
(am I spoiling the mystique here by revealing everyone's true identities?)

Any more takers? BTW, don't be afraid to tell your friends, family, workmates, etc.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

belfastboozer

i've been waiting on one of these brew days coming up, this is fantastic !thanks for organising and thanks to Geterbrewed also, count me in ill try and get a few friends to tag along too

sub82

Apologies I can't make tonight lads; down in Tyrone and I haven't anything new brewed anyway so.

Have a good one,

Wee Andy.

Hi Andy - the meet has been rescheduled to a brewday on the 26th.

Belfast Homebrewers Brewday

Hopefully you can make it?

Bazza

Might be an idea to remove the voting widget and change the subject header to include the date and the words 'Brew Day'. Have you rights to do this, Iain, as the thread owner or se we going to have to ask a mod?

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

April 13, 2014, 03:39:17 PM #29 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:58:09 PM by sub82
I emailed Iain asking this but it might be better if you can do it Shane.

Maybe "Brewday - 26th April"?