• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:13:30 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewday - 26th April

Started by iain_todd, March 24, 2014, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@geterbrewed

If you guys email me a flyer for this i'll place it in all orders going out in NI.

Regards J
Get 'er Brewed

Join the Revolution.

www.geterbrewed.ie

Bazza

Cheers, Shane.

Hopefully that'll clear up any confusion.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Thanks Shane - that's great!

@Jonathan - I'll send a copy ASAP!

iain_todd

The link to the calendar entry seems to be broken???

"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Will_D

That was quick,

Just checked the home page, can see the events and the link to the calendar worked (or am I missing something?)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Bazza

So, any more takers? So far we have:

1. Barry (Bazza)
2. Chris (Sub82)
3. Rory (Roo)
4. Andy (BrewBilly)
5. Jonathan (geterbrewed)
6. Iain Todd

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

Hope to call in at some point in the afternoon!

Andy

BrewBilly

Well Chaps

What is the format for the 26th?

Do we have a recipe decided or will be winging it on the day?

I have equipment we can use - mash tun, boiler, FV.

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

sub82

Hi Andy,

So far it'll be meeting around 12ish and then take it from there.

Recipe wise it'll be paley aley, probably something like:

4.5kg MO
0.5kg Pale crystal
0.25kg Flaked Barley

for 20-25L (might scale it all up to a bigger batch)

and plenty of flavour/aroma additions for the hops

Good stuff on the equipment - we'll have to get a list together to make sure we've everything that's needed.

Bazza

+1 to what Chris said.

During the week we can work out who brings what. No harm in having spares with us too. We'll need a few extra bits and pieces for the kit brew too. I was going to bring my hose and tap attachments and wort cooler to speed things up.  We need to sort out how or if we split the brews. In one way splitting makes sense otherwise someone's charged with the scary task of transporting a heavy fv full to the brim with precious wort.

I have the flyers. Was planning on dropping a load off at Vineyard and such the like today. If anyone can think of other decent places to drop them let me know. Ideas welcomed.

Chris, I know I was supposed to deliver the flyers yesterday after the park but an incident involving a 5-year-old child,  a grazed knee and a load of hysterical screaming put paid to such plans  :-\

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Quote from: Bazza on April 19, 2014, 11:54:39 AM
Chris, I know I was supposed to deliver the flyers yesterday after the park but an incident involving a 5-year-old child,  a grazed knee and a load of hysterical screaming put paid to such plans  :-\

Haha - no worries man hope it was nothing serious!

Bazza

Okay, so I managed to grab the car and shoot down the Ormeau Road on the wife's lunch break there. Dropped about 30 in the Vineyard (and in the process relieved them of some excess ales  ;) ), and a handful in the Big House, Errigle,  Grafitti, Soulfood,  the butcher and greengrocer.  Reckon that's Ormeau pretty saturated.

Iain, do you (or anyone else) want a bunch? I'm off down home tomorrow but back up Monday. I can drop some into 'Spoons on Tuesday and anywhere else we can think of around the city centre (places like the Nutmeg, perhaps?).

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

BrewBilly

Barry

I can pick up some fliers and drop them off at the Lighthouse here in Whiteabbey.

Chris, the recipe so far looks good, I would suggest scale it up an split the brew with different yeasties as per the last brew day which turned out two very different beers.

I am happy to say that I hand in the MSc on Monday and cant wait to get brewing again - go the fever back big time

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

BrewBilly

Chaps

Just a thought: Has anyone sent an invite to the Ballycastle lads to join us for the brewday? Just a thought?

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

sub82

Barry that's great! Hopefully we'll get more interest.

Sounds good Andy - yeah that'd be good to get another yeast expt. on the go!

I said to the Ballycastle ones on Facebook but there didn't seem to be much interest.