• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 01:06:58 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Whitewater in the Errigle

Started by Bazza, April 06, 2014, 11:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

This might be old news but was in the Oaks Bar in the Errigle Ormeau Road last night and they'd Belfast Ale and Belfast Black on Tap.  Said to the barman it was good to see but was it just a passing fad. He said that,  judging by the volumes they're shifting, it could be around to stay. Didn't check if they still had Hopplehammer on in the main bar.

Anyway,  good news,  and partially made up for the travesty of justice we'd witnessed in Ravenhill a little earlier  :(

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Nice one! I really like the Belfast Black. What about guest beers?

DEMPSEY

How are Whitewater developing as a brewery. Are they gaining more outlets and becoming a good local brewery. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

sub82

Yeah they're doing well - there was a BBC news report recently where they were talking about expanding. Their new beers are good but I think Belfast Black and Clotworthy Dobbin are hard to beat.

sub82

Ah yeah Belfast Lager! I'd forgotten about it - is it me or has it gotten hoppier?

Bazza

Was in the Errigle for a few last night again. In the main bar this time. Belfast Ale and Belfast Black AND Hilden Twisted Hop on tap. Magic!

Much better than the fizzy pish my mate was drinking.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Twisted hop is class! Do they use galaxy in it?

Quiet_Man

Add Jaipur to that list, and rumours of more Thornbridge to come!

Yardsman as well.

Bazza

Excellent news, Andy. Great to see.

Just need more excuses to get down there. I'm 10 minutes' walk from the place and have only managed to be there twice in the last 6 months :(

-Barry
― Groucho Marx