• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 04:30:54 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast Homebrew Logo

Started by iain_todd, April 28, 2014, 02:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain_todd

Well, Shane and Chris were talking about getting a proper Belfast branch logo/banner on the go, and I've got pretty nifty at photoshop these days, so I thought I could give it a go. What does everyone think? Everyone happy enough for me to give it a shot?

I was thinking of including the Lagan and the big fish in the logo. Let me know what yousens think.

O0
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

sub82

Yo man it was Brian (DEMPSEY) who suggested it.

Go for it if you want to! The only requirement is an emphasis on the local club with "Belfast Homebrewers" as the main banner but keeping an NHC logo in the corner.

iain_todd

"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

sub82

BrewBilly

Good one Ian

I am happy enough for you to design a kick ass logo

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Bazza

Hmmm.... that's a huge undertaking, Iain, and one I'm not envious of.

The fish and the Lagan are merely starting points.

In addition you've got to somehow work in Samson and Goliath, Cave Hill, City Hall, City Hospital, Stormont, The Falls Road, The Shankhill Road, the Big House on the Ormeau Road.
But the above are mere buildings and locations; you need to express emotions such as fear, gloom, terror, despair, hope, frustration, belief, joy, laughter, hilarity and incredulity (see Stormont).
There's the sports people: George Best, Mary Peters, Peter Canavan, Pat Jennings, that guy who kept crying in his canoe in the Olympics.
Then there's the artists: Jimmy Young, Jimmy Cricket (actually, he might be from Cookstown), Van Morrisson, Gary Moore, the guy who cycles around East Belfast with 7 or 8 dogs in his basket, the 'street artist' who's unmistakable violin with a wee trumpet attachment has still to produce an actual tune after 20 years of trying .
The people who helped rebuild our once broken land: John Hume, David Trimble, Mo Mowlam, Chelsea's John Terry.
The people who's indefatigability keeps our fragile peace process intact: Peter Robinson, Martin McGuinness, Ruth Patterson, Patrick Kielty.
Then there's the plethora of imagery that's unique to our proud city: Wreckage, smoke, peace walls, Good Friday agreement, Angel of Hope, spides in Rangers tops dancing round a tower of burning tyres, spides in Celtic tops dancing round a burning van that the afore-mentioned tyres used to be attached to. F*****g spides making everyday life a misery for decent folk, Irish dancing, Orange marches, the hurling stick, the Lambeg drum, A horse galloping up a cobbled street, a flame-haired Irish Colleen, a half-remembered beer ad, Jimmy Cricket's wellies, Brian Kennedy showing up anywhere there's a ribbon to be cut, peace talks, talks about talks, proximity talks about the prospect of talks, protests, protests protesting against protests, the smell of boiling hops from all ends of the city that signify a a shared goal and a positive direction: The Belfast Brewers' Club!

How big is this banner again?

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

I stood beside Frank once at a urinal in Belfast Intl Airport. After much internal debating sobriety got the better of me and I decided not to point down and say to him 'That's a cracker!' To this day I still regret not saying it :(

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Damien M

Quote from: Bazza on April 29, 2014, 09:49:48 AM
Hmmm.... that's a huge undertaking, Iain, and one I'm not envious of.

The fish and the Lagan are merely starting points.

In addition you've got to somehow work in Samson and Goliath, Cave Hill, City Hall, City Hospital, Stormont, The Falls Road, The Shankhill Road, the Big House on the Ormeau Road.
But the above are mere buildings and locations; you need to express emotions such as fear, gloom, terror, despair, hope, frustration, belief, joy, laughter, hilarity and incredulity (see Stormont).
There's the sports people: George Best, Mary Peters, Peter Canavan, Pat Jennings, that guy who kept crying in his canoe in the Olympics.
Then there's the artists: Jimmy Young, Jimmy Cricket (actually, he might be from Cookstown), Van Morrisson, Gary Moore, the guy who cycles around East Belfast with 7 or 8 dogs in his basket, the 'street artist' who's unmistakable violin with a wee trumpet attachment has still to produce an actual tune after 20 years of trying .
The people who helped rebuild our once broken land: John Hume, David Trimble, Mo Mowlam, Chelsea's John Terry.
The people who's indefatigability keeps our fragile peace process intact: Peter Robinson, Martin McGuinness, Ruth Patterson, Patrick Kielty.
Then there's the plethora of imagery that's unique to our proud city: Wreckage, smoke, peace walls, Good Friday agreement, Angel of Hope, spides in Rangers tops dancing round a tower of burning tyres, spides in Celtic tops dancing round a burning van that the afore-mentioned tyres used to be attached to. F*****g spides making everyday life a misery for decent folk, Irish dancing, Orange marches, the hurling stick, the Lambeg drum, A horse galloping up a cobbled street, a flame-haired Irish Colleen, a half-remembered beer ad, Jimmy Cricket's wellies, Brian Kennedy showing up anywhere there's a ribbon to be cut, peace talks, talks about talks, proximity talks about the prospect of talks, protests, protests protesting against protests, the smell of boiling hops from all ends of the city that signify a a shared goal and a positive direction: The Belfast Brewers' Club!

How big is this banner again?

-Barry

Shiche! And I thought ye were all sorted up there!!! ??? :o ;)

and you forgot the word Sichuation! 

Quiet_Man

.....and a couple of "flegs".....

Bazza

Come on lads, Give Iain a chance here. He's meant do be doing a banner, not the Bayeux Tapestry :)

-Barry

P.s. Anyone else out there share a urinal with Frank Carson? Or anyone famous for that matter?
― Groucho Marx

Damien M

Brian O Driscoll He said there was room for a small one! Cheeky git!!

I chose not to be the smart arse and challenge him on his derogatory remark!...... I probably could of taken  him but  the other side of him were 2 other members of the national  team and didn't fancy being scrummed down the urinal!!!  >:( :(

iain_todd

Bazza that's class. We should put that on a T shirt. Did one today in work lads. Will refine tomorrow and hopefully have something to show you soon ;-) Chris already gave it the thumbs up...

O0

iain_todd

sub82

Sorry - just a thought but shoooould it contain no beer references as we'd also want to encourage wine and cider makers?

Looks class though!  :)

iain_todd

Nah fuck em.

Only joking!  ;D

Cool, good point. I could take it out, or else include an apple and some grapes or glass of wine in the logo. Although technically you 'make' cider or wine, but you 'brew' beer.  :P