• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:16:22 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

June Belfast Club Meet - Brewday tasting and Liffey judging

Started by Bazza, June 05, 2014, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

Since the deadline for the Liffey/Belfast comp entry isn't until the 22nd, the earliest in fact only June Friday date we can pick is the 27th, so adding July 4th as well.

If you'd prefer to have a regular meet earlier in June and have the judging at a later date then let me know, although that only gives us the 13th or 20th.

Please vote or post your opinion.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Roo

I have placed my vote. Can't do 4th July at all but I'm open to 13th or 20th June too......as it stands.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

sub82

Can't commit to any of these dates but sounds like good craic!

Bill_00

With most likely be away on the 27th...I REALLY need to make a meeting though!

Bazza

Any more takers here? Currently it looks like 3 of us on the 4th of July.

There's a LOT of beer to judge.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

yarmot

BrewBilly

4th is good for me, I will be bringing my old man with as well so hope we have some awesome brews to judge
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

sub82

DEMPSEY

Quote from: BrewBilly on June 24, 2014, 07:33:14 PM
4th is good for me, I will be bringing my old man with as well so hope we have some awesome brews to judge
My guinness clone maybe ::)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Bazza

Okay,

So that's the big table in the Heel Bar at the Hudson reserved for the night of Friday 4th July.

I'll follow up next week with time but I would say, provisionally, 7:30 for 8. Maybe start the judging proper at 8:30 just to give folk time to meet up, get settled, get a pint, catch up, admire new hairdo's or nail jobs, etc.

I've taken receipt of a collection of Liffey brews ready for our discerning palettes, and our entries should now be safely down in Dublin ready for tomorrow night's judging.

Big thanks to Shane (Tube) for handling the conveyance and transfer. Excellent door to door service :)

@yarmot - yep, everyone's welcome. The more the merrier; there are a lot of beers to get through!

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bill_00

Have a +1. The guy I brew with, finally getting his arse in gear :P

Quiet_Man

Def can't make Friday. :(

Have a good night, supping on all those Liffey brews!

Andy

Paddy

Hi guys!

Sorry I kinda rolled off the edge of the earth there for a while.  Gutted to have missed the competition too!

I'll do my best to be there on Friday!

Edit: Thought this was a club meet up.  Guess I should have read the OP properly  ???

I'm guessing this is just for the guys in the comp?  Wouldn't mind coming to watch, if that sort of thing is permitted?

Bazza

Quote from: Quiet_Man on June 30, 2014, 10:56:10 AM
Def can't make Friday. :(
Have a good night, supping on all those Liffey brews!
Cheers Andy. Hopefully next meet.

Quote from: Paddy on July 02, 2014, 12:51:12 PM
I'm guessing this is just for the guys in the comp?  Wouldn't mind coming to watch, if that sort of thing is permitted?

Not at all Paddy. The judging's open to anyone who wants to. It's all a bit of harmless fun and not to be taken too seriously (although try telling that to the Liffey lads as they pace up and down their respective living rooms, biting their nails, checking their phone every 2 seconds for a new tweet  ;)  ).

I'm hoping we can get around 10 people to judge 17 beers in total. I'm out on Thursday night so there's a real fear of me not having the tastebuds for or inclination towards any amount of beer on Friday night  :-X 

So far I count (for judging):

Andy (BrewBilly) + 1
Chris (Bill_00) + 1
Dave (Mr.Drankin)
Yarmot
Paddy
Myself

Which makes 8.

Have I missed anyone out? Any more takers?

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx