• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 01:36:14 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast drop point for IPA fest:

Started by Hop Bomb, August 25, 2014, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Bomb

Hey folks. I need a bit of help with a Belfast drop point for the IPA fest competition being held in Galway in Oct. Is there a local off license or pub that are friendly to the Belfast Homebrewers that wouldnt mind taking & storing entries for us? Cheers Tom
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

sub82

Hi Tom - the Vineyard +442890645774 on the Ormeau Road have acted as a drop for the nationals. I can give them a shout if you'd prefer.

Hop Bomb

Great. Would you mind getting in touch? Might be better coming from a local :)  Cheers boss

sub82

Ah grand man - no worries! What're the details? Collection dates/times etc.?

Ciaran

How many people are thinking of submitting entries from the the Belfast club?  I don't know everyone yet,  but from the list of entries I get the feeling I'm the only entry so far.  Seems a bit much asking vineyard to be a drop point unless there's going to be a flurry of entries over the next 6/7 weeks?   If it turns out I am the only entry I can just meet someone somewhere.  On the other hand I'm not far from the vineyard if you'd rather I popped in and asked in person rather than ringing them.

sub82

Hi Ciaran - we're thinking of submitting an entry. Completely agree with you re. the drop point. I'll hold off contacting the Vineyard until we know better. What do you think Tom?

Bazza

Hmmm... haven't really being paying much attention recently and sort of missed this whole IPA fest thing.

Haven't brewed in about 5 weeks, between holidays, birthday, and completing my fermentation chamber. Back in the saddle now, however, but had been planning more Autumn-y ale type brews. I've a couple of APA's made earlier in the summer. Could submit one or two of those if they meet the criteria. How strict is it? These APA's are hoppy enough, but a far cry from a licking a battery type IPA.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Dunno man - if you've a few bottles spare might be good even to get the feedback?

There's definitely some overlap between the APA and IPA styles.

Roo

Where are the rules for this? I might have one or two.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Hop Bomb

If there is only gona be a few of ye then could some one act as the drop point? Il have them picked up by DPD so all you'd need to do is pack them well & safe in a box & I can take care of the rest. Would that be cool?

Ciaran

I can do the needful if people can get to cutters wharf carpark around lunchtime during the weekdays.  Outside of working hours might be a bit tricky with other commitments.

Bazza

I've been drop point for the Belfast/Liffey comp and I can be drop point for this one. I'm pretty centrally based in Belfast so can do collections too. There's no guarantee that your beers won't get drunk, though.  Just thought it fair to warn you.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

Jeez Bazza - 07:17am! Please tell me you've just come in from a night out!

I'm only up because Mr Yodel has just delivered my latest grain order. Now, should I go and get started?????

Bazza

:)
Couldn't sleep, Andy. A mixture of nervous energy and indigestion. Mostly indigestion.

Yeah, man. Lovely day like that?  Get brewing.  It'd be a sin not to.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx