• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:39:04 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast drop point for IPA fest:

Started by Hop Bomb, August 25, 2014, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiet_Man

:(Barry  - forgive me, for I have sinned! :(

This mornings delivery was short of 2 pks of hops, so the planned brew was a non-starter. They arrived by separate post later in the day, but by that time I was committed to other family stuff!

The kids are back to school on Monday, so tomorrow is also out (better do some last day fun stuff with them - like wash the muck off!!), so looking like a night-shift through the week!

sub82

Yo lads the competition registration has opened!

Galway IPA Fest

Ciaran

Brew is finished condition and just entered for this today. 

I might be able to get bottles to Galway this weekend if everyone else has theirs ready?  Either way I'll wait so we can sort out the drop point and all enter together with the one collection/delivery.

sub82

Great stuff Ciaran! Only pitched on Saturday there so nowhere near ready!  ;)

How's everyone else getting on?

Quiet_Man

So, first taste tonight! mmmm...............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Looking good, tasting fine!

How are the rest of the Belfast IPA's coming on?

Tut, really should think about changing those curtains?

Ciaran

I've literally just sat down after brewing up a new slightly tweaked version of whats getting sent to the competition, only this time with one of the flavour hops substituted out.  Re-used the washed yeast from the competition batch so should be very similar.

As for the one getting entered, I'm so struggling to stay away from it during the week *slurp* *slurp*

Next up will be a stout or two  :)

sub82

Quote from: Quiet_Man on October 02, 2014, 10:57:31 PM
Tut, really should think about changing those curtains?

;)

Just bottled them last night, a bit close for comfort but hopefully should be conditioned in time. Do we need a list of people with beers for the drop point?

Quiet_Man

Whether we need it or not, let's start one:

Galway IPA Fest - Belfast Entries

1. Quiet_Man  1 paid  (14B American IPA)

Ciaran

Galway IPA Fest - Belfast Entries

2. Ciaran 1 paid

sub82

October 03, 2014, 02:54:55 PM #24 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:24:30 AM by sub82
Yo - good man!

2. Ciaran 1 paid
3. sub82 2 paid (23 RyePA & 23 RyePA Saison)
4. sub82's brother-in-law 1 paid

sub82

Hi everyone so it looks like we'll have 5 entries/10 bottles.

The Galway homebrewers are offering to collect by DPD.

Drop points

Quote from: Hop Bomb on October 05, 2014, 09:21:13 PM

North drop point:

If ye can pack your orders together I will have the box picked up on my DPD account. Please PM me for details. Thanks.

Entries would need to be packed & ready for pick up by Tue 21st Oct. .

All entries must be here with us in Galway Thursday morning 23rd Oct. No exceptions! Thanks.

What does everyone think? Ciaran has kindly offered to act as drop point if we can get our entries to cutters wharf car park during the week. I unfortunately couldn't easily do this but would be able to do collections some evening/weekend.

Ciaran

Yeah, offer still stands.   I can realistically meet anywhere in Belfast on most days (although Tuesdays and Thursdays between 6.30 and 8.30 are out).   We've a fortnight from tomorrow to get ourselves together so hopefully should be achievable.

sub82

That's excellent Ciaran. I would only be able to get down some evening. How are you fixed for a DPD collection? My wife's on maternity leave at the minute so if it suited better I could collect from you and then get the DPD collection from my house?

Ciaran

So there are two possible plans for a Belfast drop point so far:

1. If DPD will be picking up at Chris's house:
Quiet man (and any other late entries) - to try and get your entry to mine before the 18th.
Next step would be to get them to Chris's brother by the same date (18th)
Chris will pickup from there and the DPD collection could be booked from his for the Monday 20th or Tuesday 21st.

alternatively
2. If everyone can get their entries to Belfast I don't mind doing the DPD collection from my house or my work

Quiet_Man

Ok. Where are you (Ciaran) and subs brother based? I'm at Ravenhill, but can drop the bottles anywhere.