• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 04:26:20 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast drop point for IPA fest:

Started by Hop Bomb, August 25, 2014, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciaran

Sweet, we're all the same area, I'll pm you next week and we can sort something out. Sure Chris if you can get the entries to your brother I'll just do the DPD drop for handiness??

sub82

Ah good stuff - that would be great! I might not be able to get them to him until next weekend but I can always drop stuff down to you some evening.

sub82

Yo Ciaran - hoping to get these beers to my brother this weekend. Does that suit you to collect after the weekend? Or should I drop them down during the week?

Ciaran

Hi Chris,

Sorry I'd a few days away on a stag do there so just getting back into the swing of things.  That all sounds spot on, I've no major plans this weekend and picking them up should be no hassle at all.  I can either grab them on a weekday on the way home from work or we can sort out something for over the weekend if that suits you better.

Quiet_Man - I can call at yours at similar times if you like?

Is that everyone ?
Cheers!

sub82

Ah good stuff! How was the stag?

I should be giving them to Iain on Saturday so maybe Monday if that's not cutting it too fine to the Tuesday deadline?

Quiet_Man

I'm all labelled, bubble-wrapped and ready to go, so anytime.

Ciaran - I'll pm you my details and we can sort something out.

Andy

Ciaran

All sounds good lads, I'll sort out pickups with you both.  I've no big plans this weekend so can pickup both of them at some stage and aim to arrange a drop off into the castlereagh DPD depot on monday/tuesday latest.  If saturday/sunday pickup suits you both we should try and get them all together by the end of the weekend.

Cheers

sub82

Good stuff Ciaran - I'll be getting the beers to my brother on Saturday so you could maybe collect them on Sunday evening?

If you need them earlier or at a more definite time I can take a run down on Sunday.

Quiet_Man

No probs Ciaran. I'll be in touch about the weekend pick up/drop off.

What beers went down at The Lighthouse last night?

Only called in the once, and stock was pretty low, but still managed to pick up some Beavertown and Stone beers. Must call in again.

Ciaran

Lighthouse beer tasting is tonight  (stouts and quads :) ).  The only info I have is there's a Brooklyn beer called Cuvee Noire, a La Trappe Quadruple Barrel Aged beer also in the bottle and then a Tool's 'Fuck Art' beer on tap at the bar (all are double figures in ABV !!!   I can't see much work getting done tomorrow). 

Saturday or Sunday is grand cheers.  If you fire me a txt with your addresses when they're ready to go and I'll call round when it suits sure?  Cheers

sub82

Great stuff! Have a La Trappe Quad at home but can never bring myself to drink it. Maybe one for the apocalypse!  ;)

Ciaran, were you able to get a box? I've a lovely one in work, double corrugated an' all!

Quiet_Man

According to the Galway Homebrewer' s Twitter feed, the Belfast beers arrived safe and well. Cheers Ciaran!

Good luck for Saturday everyone!

sub82

Quote from: Quiet_Man on October 23, 2014, 11:09:17 PM
According to the Galway Homebrewer' s Twitter feed, the Belfast beers arrived safe and well. Cheers Ciaran!

Good luck for Saturday everyone!

Yeah great stuff Ciaran - thanks for organising this!

Good luck!

sub82

Well done Ciaran for Gold in the English IPA (14A) category and Bronze for Best of Show!

sub82

Hi everyone! Just wanted to know if anyone was up for getting their scoresheets for the IPA fest entries?

They have been scanned but are illegible. The plan is that, if you want your score sheet, a stamped addressed envelope should be sent to the organisers and they will post accordingly.

IPA fest scoresheets

I'm happy to arrange a group stamped addressed envelope but need to know who all wants their scoresheets?