• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 02:18:52 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Simon from Raheny

Started by Simon_, September 17, 2014, 04:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_

Hi,
I've already gotten stuck into a couple of group buy / for sale thread so it's probably polite I introduce myself. I'm Simon from Raheny. I've moved quickly from doing a couple of kits in April this year to moving to all grain. So far I've done a Dunkel, an IPA, a couple of attempts at doing a Franiskaner clone. Next up I'm planning a Blue Moon clone, a stout and I'm interested at trying a lager this winter.
I've been bottling everything so far but I'm working on having a keg set up as well.
I'd like to start meeting up with other local brewers and getting some pointers for improvement.

Dunkel

Hi Simon, yep, group meets are the best way to learn a few tricks. You have the choice of two local groups; not sure what the buses are like from Raheny. North County Brewers meet in Swords, and Capital Brewers meet in the city centre. Both of them are running brewdays for National Homebrew Day on Saturday October 4th; pick whichever's handiest.

And welcome  :)

molc

Jesus, another Raheny lad :) I thought I was the only one. Capital brewers is probably the most convenient, but north county seem to be very active as well. That said, south Dublin brewed meet in black rock which is on the dart line, so that's not too bad either.
Still have to make my way out to their meets myself.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

nigel_c

Stay on the north side. You know you want to.

Simon_

Thanks lads. Spoiled for choice. Now if I can just get away from these needy kids for an evening.