• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 05:34:37 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

National Brewday

Started by sub82, August 21, 2014, 01:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Would everyone be up for this? There's talk of making the first weekend in October a national brewday with clubs all over the island taking part.

National Brewday

Roo

Up for either day but prefer Saturday and I think it's a great idea!
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

Typical! That's the 1 weekend in 4 that the missus is working :(

Time to sweet talk Granny...

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Jonny

I'd be all over that. Like I said before, I'd really love to learn from some more experienced brewers and this'd be a great way to do that so let me know if you plan to go ahead with it.

Missed the last one cause I started to get into brewing after that and then learned about you guys a short time later so this would be cool. Let me know.

Jonny.

sub82

Lads - my head is cut! For some reason I thought this was November.

Is there still interest in organising something?

Will_D

Quote from: sub82 on September 04, 2014, 10:48:17 PM

De weather must be sh*te up north!

Its like summer down at the RDS
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

sub82

Quote from: Will_D on September 04, 2014, 11:00:57 PM
Quote from: sub82 on September 04, 2014, 10:48:17 PM

De weather must be sh*te up north!

Its like summer down at the RDS

Haha - sorry I meant I thought the national brewday was November!  ;)

Quiet_Man

I'd be up for it Chris. What does everyone else think?

sub82

Good stuff Andy - I unfortunately won't be free that weekend but am happy to organise the venue, etc., if needed.

Bazza

I'm like Chris, inasmuch as I'd love to do something for the day but that weekend doesn't really suit, but if there's enough interest I'd really like to help out in some way.

Venue-wise, how's about that centre place (Giros) again? They had a great open area with plenty of room for brewers and spectators alike.

Recipe-wise, we could maybe get an AG and a kit or two on the go. Be good to do a mixture of IPA, Ale and stout or porter.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Rossa

I'm pushing this out to encompass the entire week to help out some of the up and coming clubs if that is any help to you guys.

sub82

Thanks Rossa - it would be great to organise something. I see that it doesn't have to be a brewday and could be homebrew tasting or something.

My difficulty is that we've a pre-organised meet for the 26th so I wouldn't be available for another event so soon after. Is there any possibility that this 26th meet could be included as Belfast's participation? What does everyone else think?

Bazza

Quote from: sub82 on September 17, 2014, 02:11:25 PM
Is there any possibility that this 26th meet could be included as Belfast's participation? What does everyone else think?

Hi Chris,

Firstly, apologies for being slightly dormant on this forum recently (no excuses- a mixture of navel-gazing, good weather and more episodes of Game of Thrones than is good for you), and cheers for keep these threads lit :)

Secondly, I like your idea of combining both on the 27th. I would have loved to organise and run a demo on the actual day but I'm tied at home all that weekend with 2 kids and no car.

We've little over a fortnight to d-day and therefore little time to organise a plan or a venue, so unless anyone jumps in and decides they really want do something for the day then I'd go with your idea, Chris.

It's a shame, really, that a community our size can't do something for the day, but can't be helped. Having said that, however, why don't we try and organise a brewday for out next meet in late October/early November?

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx