• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:52:41 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New time, new place?

Started by sub82, October 04, 2014, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amac47

Yes, let's give the first Wed of November ( 5th) at the Hudson a go.  I have just bottled a Holden's Black Country Mild and it should be ready for a tasting.

Bazza

Yep. I agree. Let's try one small change at a time i.e. stick with the Hudson but try a different day. Wed 5th sounds good.

If that doesn't work out, there are other Wednesdays in other bars.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

I'll  put this on the calendar. Wednesday nights are free for me, so hopefully will be able to make this.

I'll have a Dark Ruby Mild to compare with Alan's Holden, and an American IPA as entered into the Galway IPA fest.

sub82

Now in the NHC calendar!  8)

Belfasties November Meet

I assumed we're still going with 8pm but this can all be ironed out nearer the date.

Amac47

Would it be useful to put a flyer in the House of Home brew to advertise the meet?

sub82

Sounds good Alan! I can try and get one drawn up over the weekend if you were up for printing and dropping it in?

Amac47

Amac47

Chris, did you get my email address OK? Not too sure how to work the messages thing!

Alan

sub82

Yes got it thanks! I will fire that flyer through this evening and then post it up here too.

DubbelD

Is this meet still on for next Wednesday ?
If so, I'm planning to be there this time, Aer Lingus permitting...

sub82

Quote from: DubbelD on October 30, 2014, 05:01:17 PM
Is this meet still on for next Wednesday ?
If so, I'm planning to be there this time, Aer Lingus permitting...

Yep all going ahead! Hope to see you there then!

Quiet_Man

Still planning to attend, although I might be a bit late.

Hopefully you won't start the tastings until after Barry has gone through the first few points on the evenings dreaded "A" word!

Have a Dark Ruby Mild and a (failed) American IPA for sampling and hoping Ciaran can attend with his winning English IPA.

You bringing the nibbles Sub?

Andy

Amac47

Chis, Jackie ( House of Homebrew) has posted our flyer for the Wednesday meet on Facebook so perhaps we get a few more interested parties coming along.

Alan

Paddy

Afraid I have to take the blue pill on this one seeing as the good lady is ready to pop.

Probably best I stick around the house...and remain relatively lucid.

I was looking forward to bringing a bottle of mild along for the tasting - as infection free as a holy hand grenade!

Could probably do with another month in the bottle in fairness.  So maybe next month.  Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Ciaran

Quote from: Quiet_Man on November 03, 2014, 09:29:58 PM
Still planning to attend, although I might be a bit late.

Hopefully you won't start the tastings until after Barry has gone through the first few points on the evenings dreaded "A" word!

Have a Dark Ruby Mild and a (failed) American IPA for sampling and hoping Ciaran can attend with his winning English IPA.

You bringing the nibbles Sub?

Andy

It was a joint brew, myself and Shane will be in attendance (with two of the last three bottles in existence).  Any clues on what's this months agenda?