• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:18:44 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New time, new place?

Started by sub82, October 04, 2014, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

Quote from: Ciaran on November 04, 2014, 10:59:07 AM
Any clues on what's this months agenda?

You had to go and mention it  :'(

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Roo

Gentlemen! Sorry about the lack of input over the last few months. The summer ran away from me and as you all know one thing leads to another and then it's Christmas! Brewed a batch or two in the interim and took my hand at this wine malarkey. The Better Half loves it. Poun' a battle so it's weeker. Anyway it's my boys 17th the morra so I'm probably out. Good luck tomorrow, enjoy and let me know how far Bazza gets on with the "Agenda". My money is on less than 5 mins.......
:D ;D ;D
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

sub82

Quote from: Quiet_Man on November 03, 2014, 09:29:58 PM

You bringing the nibbles Sub?

Spiffing idea my man!  ;)

Alan - ah that's good. Hopefully will generate a bit of interest!

Paddy - great stuff about the infection free beer and good luck for the upcoming arrival. I was the same last July - didn't want to leave the house and 'tempt fate'!

Barry - will I request that no windows are opened this time? Would be terrible if the agenda flew out the window again  :)

sub82

We're on the middle floor tomorrow night!

Bazza

November 04, 2014, 09:34:54 PM #34 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:50:44 PM by Bazza
Quote from: sub82 on November 04, 2014, 06:37:24 PM
We're on the middle floor tomorrow night!
Cheers for organising this again, Chris.

Quote from: Roo on November 04, 2014, 04:20:40 PM
Good luck tomorrow, enjoy and let me know how far Bazza gets on with the "Agenda". My money is on less than 5 mins.......
You're being a little ambitious using units of whole minutes, Rauraidh  :P

Look forward to seeing you all there.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Roo

Bazza I couldnt be too hard on YA! Confirmed curry at mine the morra for the boys birthday. No beer for him yet tho! Get some snaps up lads.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

Okay, so let's keep things relatively simple for tonight. In no particular order:

- Meet and greet (mostly for benefit of new members)
- Sample homebrew
- Buy from Hudson bar
- Future meets - is the weeknight/ supposedly quieter venue more conducive to a club meet?
- Future plans e.g. another brew day before year's end / equipment build?
- Future plans: brewery tour? Beer festival meet?
- Q&A: You have any brewing-related questions, pitch it to the experts. No such thing as a stupid question.
- AOB
- Next meeting ?

I'll try and have the above list stored on my phone. Failing that, I'll bring a printout and a decent paperweight :)

Cheers,

-Barry "EAT MY AGENDA" McM.

― Groucho Marx

Paddy

So how'd the meet go?

Are the hangovers still lingering?

:D

sub82

November 06, 2014, 10:30:28 AM #38 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:10:37 AM by sub82
Yeah it was a good wee night last night! Everything was tasty and it was good to try Ciaran and Shane's excellent award winning English IPA!

I was driving though so strictly pints of lemonade and the odd small sample  :'(

What did everyone reckon?

Quiet_Man

Great night. Very enjoyable with a lot of quality brews on the table. Also good to put faces to a few more forum profiles.

I thought Ciaran and Shane's award winning English IPA was upstaged by their coffee porter! Wow!

Ciaran

November 06, 2014, 11:59:32 AM #40 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:10:12 PM by Ciaran
Aye the head was slight muddy first thing but clearing up now just in time for lunch :)  Cheers for the comments folks.  Some great beer last night.  Really enjoyed Andys IPA, the Falconers flight, the mild, the wheat and had my first saison IPA.   And with Weard Beard on draught it was a great night all round.

Quiet_Man

Whose turn is it to wear the medals today Ciaran?  ;)

Paddy

Sounds great guys!  Wish I could have been there.  Especially for this fabled IPA of Ciaran and Shane.  But afraid that will have to remain a legend with only two bottles left in existence...at last count anyways ;)

Was Wednesday more conducive to a meet/tasting session?  Also was there a day arranged for the next meet?  Hope to make the next one!

DubbelD

Good to meet you all, thanks for the welcome and all the lovely beers.
Beer sampling is a dangerous game, you think it's just a wee drop, but all those wee drops add up! I slept soundly when we finally got home...after running for the train, we made it just as the doors closed  8)

Bazza

Hey all,

Yep; have to echo all that's been said already. Great night. Good to see some new faces and there was no shortage of effort on the table.

Also have to agree with Andy; the coffee porter was something else, but plenty of other great beers on show.

Paddy: I think the midweek thing worked better. We'd the room to ourselves (when the Hudson finally realised they'd agreed to it :) )and it was a nice relaxed atmosphere. Deffo one for again.

Just to bring up one point from the meet: I think it was Ciaran mentioned the possibility of a Belfast GB for pale malt. I reckon it's well worth putting it out there to gauge interest.

I recorded the Apprentice so that got watched before I turned in. I figured it made sense to strike a balance between all the dead-on folk from earlier in the night with a bunch of self-deluded egotistical tw*ts :)

Ciaran and Shane, if you promise to wear your medals at the next meet, I'll promise not to enter any horses in between times  ???

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx