• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 11:06:32 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New time, new place?

Started by sub82, October 04, 2014, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrewBilly

Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Roo

Cheap beer all the way for me! Woohoo Spoons!
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

A belated update on the 'Spoons situation:

While the staff I was speaking to a couple of weeks ago were okay with the idea in principle, they couldn't give us the green light until I'd spoken with Tommy the manager.

Well, I finally got hold of Tommy today and he's more than happy for us to use the Bridge House. He was offering use of the downstairs bar, the upstairs bar or the private upstairs room if we preferred. He also said he'd post any meetings on their own facebook page too. He was extremely positive and helpful.

So, in light of all that, do we want to use 'Spoons for the next meet? It gets my vote. Admittedly, I've had tougher decisions to make in life; I practically live in there anyway :)

So, what do we say; Spoons for Jan?

-Barry

P.s. I'm still up for a pre-crimbo pint if it happens?

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

Cheers Barry. 'Spoons works for me. Had a few nice beers in there last Friday. One day I'll remember my CAMRA vouchers!

I'd be up for a pre-crimbo pint or two. Any thoughts on a date?

sub82

Good work Barry - sounds good to me!

Defos up for a Crimbo pint!

Amac47

BrewBilly

Count me in, sound work Bazza
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Roo

I'm in for January....it's like 2 for 1 prices compared to The Hudson too!
The train station is closer so maybe I won't have to drive and can enjoy several.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.