• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 05, 2024, 01:34:15 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Friday!

Started by sub82, October 24, 2014, 04:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Woohoo - haven't had that Friday feeling in ages!  :P

What's everyone up to?

Bazza

Haha! Great post, Chris.

Just gone four nights without a single sip, so dying of drought. Off Monday and Tuesday too.

Half-term-tastic!!!

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

Woo, hoooooooo!!!!!

Beer, a curry, Black Stone Cherry, then more beer!

Yay!

Oh, then football at 9am Saturday morning  :'(

Bazza

Nice one Andy.

M&S dine in for a tenner tonight. Plenty of wine.

Ravenhill tomorrow for the Toulon game.

Friends over for McCreary's  steaks tomorrow night.

And that's just the preliminary rounds.....

Off down to Tyrone the next 2 nights for some serious wasteage.

:)

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Nice one lads! Up to Ballycastle for the weekend so lots of nice food and drink!

Will try and catch that Ulster game on t' telly tomorrow for some Bazza spotting  ;)

Bazza

So, anyone planning on a scary Halloween?

The wife's working this weekend leaving me with the kids, so it's gonna be potentially terrifying!  :o

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

No doubt the kids will want to go trick or treating' later and I think there are fireworks at the church on Rosetta Rd later, so family stuff for me too. Mind you, got time out to brew up a Porter last night. Threw in some star anise - hopefully not too much, but it is all you can smell in the garage today!

Bazza

Ah, got a sneaky brew in. Nice one!

I'm down to my last 4kg of pale malt so need to get an order in. Just ordered a nylon bag for BIAB, with the thoughts of sneaking in the odd 19L, straight to corny (i.e. not bottles as well) brew in a little less time of an evening if the notion takes me. I've a perfectly decent mash tun but like the idea of doing the odd brew a little quicker with less volume, less time to boil but best of all less work, especially where cleaning is concerned. Win win :)

The fireworks at St. Andrews? Aye, we're supposed to be heading to those. I suppose it'd be bad form to be swigging bottles of homebrew at such family-oriented events  :-\

Anyway, might bump into you down there.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Ciaran

Quote from: Quiet_Man on October 31, 2014, 03:39:43 PM
No doubt the kids will want to go trick or treating' later and I think there are fireworks at the church on Rosetta Rd later, so family stuff for me too. Mind you, got time out to brew up a Porter last night. Threw in some star anise - hopefully not too much, but it is all you can smell in the garage today!

Cool, I just bought some in the asian supermarket for adding to either a porter or a stout but haven't brewed it yet.  Was thinking of cracking a couple of them and soaking in vodka for a hour or so and adding to secondary in a muslin bag.   How did you prepare it in the end?

sub82

Was supposed to be heading down to your all of your neck of the woods to see Iain this evening but it got too late!

Quiet_Man

"How did you prepare it"

Ciaran - I just coarsely ground some in a mortar and pestle, then threw 17g into the boil, ten minutes from end.

Andy

sub82

So any plans then?!

Might try and get to the hardware shop as we're considering building a mash tun. Managed to destroy our BIAB bag by boiling it dry so took it as a sign to change it up a bit!

Quiet_Man

Ohhhhhh, a project!!!!

What's the spec?

BrewBilly

Sipping a very good ruby ale, seem to have overcome my initial issue I had, think it was down to mash pH, used gypsom this brew with good result.
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

sub82

Quote from: Quiet_Man on November 28, 2014, 08:36:09 PM
Ohhhhhh, a project!!!!

What's the spec?

Just using an old brewbin with a tap and insulation material. It's more for the craic to see what happens!