• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:09:44 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

End of Year Brew Day

Started by Paddy, November 13, 2014, 09:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Hi guys.  Heard mentions here and there of a pre-Christmas brew day.  Does anyone know if this is still going to get squeezed in at some point?

I'd be happy to help out! (Providing it's on a day I'm free mind you  ;D )

Bazza

Hi Paddy,

There was talk alright, but there're only 6 weekends left before Christmas, 4 realistically.

***Engaging Interest Gauge...***
Who fancies a last minute Christmas do? Or will we go for hair of the dog in January? Let's hear from you.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

I'd be more up for a new year thing. Doubt I can make anything this side of Xmas.

Would be happy to organize the venue though for whenever suits everyone else.

BrewBilly

Are we doing a get together before the new year? Meal or a couple pints?
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Paddy

I guess the new year is more realistic  ;D let me know and I will see if I can supply some gear. Have we used a gas burner for the group brew before or is that a no no? Was thinking it would be more portable and means we don't have to rely on a power source....

Bazza

Yeah, TBH, I can't see me having any free time this side of Christmas so Jan/early Feb is looking more realistic.

Maybe try for that Giros Centre again, unless anyone can think of somewhere else?

Re: gas, Paddy, the first brewday at the Hudson back in April of last year was done with gas, so no issues there, as far as I can see.

Like the idea of a few pre-Christmas pints, Andy. The ould feed in the Hudson last year was pretty good.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Yo lads - all sounds good!

Re. gas - we wouldn't be able to use it indoors at the centre/giro's as it'd be a fire hazard. They said if we wanted we could use the fire escape or the area out the back. In the interests in keeping it indoors might be better to use an electric boiler again?

Paddy

Makes sense, especially for the  time of year.  Could be handy to have in the Summer though.  Sunshine (though be it filtered through many layers of cloud), beer and a brew on the go.  Why not throw a BBQ in while we're at it!  :)

BrewBilly

Paddy, great idea - cant beat bbq and beer/brewing
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

sub82

So should we get a brewday planned?

Maybe towards the end of January?

BrewBilly

Addicted Amateur