• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 02:25:03 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello domestic brewers...

Started by mrmeindl, January 03, 2015, 12:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmeindl

January 03, 2015, 12:12:22 AM Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 10:42:58 PM by mrmeindl

johnrm

Good man mrmeindl, AG is the way to go once you've done a few kits.
Fridge for temp control depends on ambient temp. You might get away with a brew belt and an STC...

johnrm

Yep, go with that, sorry skimmed through the post.
Consider a DIY aeroboard fridge in the short term with brewpi and heat pad.
Not used heat pad myself, my concern is that the yeast is sitting on the heat.

Martin

I turn water into beer. That's pretty badass.

Partridge9

LordEoin

Quote from: mrmeindl on January 03, 2015, 11:33:03 AM
Just paid up there now, currently trying to decide to batch prime with spray malt or brewing sugar on a APA style brew.
i find batch priming with spraymalt a balls. you need to either keep enough for the priming or open another bag, and that stuff clumps at the drop of a hat so i don't like to have open bags.

and welcome :)

imark

Why are you not using table sugar for priming?

imark

Make a sugar solution and mix with your beer prior to bottling. Use a calculator like this to work out how much sugar you need to achieve the desired carbonation.
http://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/

googoomuck

Quote from: mrmeindl on January 03, 2015, 12:12:22 AM
I'm from wexford and I've decided to take the homebrewing a little bit more seriously - I'm going to upgrade to the biab all grain kit from geterbrewed shortly. I've previously just used coopers kits and I'm just finishing off building a brewpi fermentation controller but I still need to source a fridge( I suspect one won't be neccessary until it gets warmer) How does one pay for membership?
Welcome!! From town myself but living in oylegate.