• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 03, 2024, 03:06:27 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Merry Christmas

Started by Quiet_Man, December 23, 2014, 01:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiet_Man

Just wanted to wish all Belfast Homebrewers a very Merry Christmas and my best wishes for the New Year!

It has gone a bit quiet again, since our last meet, so how about taking some time over the holidays to post a few ideas for the club in 2015? - or even just to share what brewing goodies, Santa left in your stocking? - or what beers you are enjoying?

Have a good one, folks! Ho, Ho, Ho.................

Bazza

Same to you Andy, and to all the Belfast lads.

Aye, been a bit slow alright. I've a total of 17 days off work and not a single brew day planned amongst them. Crying shame that. Some serious brewing planned for early 2015; Christmas and New Years is going to hit supplies hard.

Good idea about getting a few thoughts for 2015 out over the festive period.
-brewday early to mid feb in  the Centre
-first meet of 2015 in our new venue, The Bridge House, for mid to late Jan

Do any of you go all detox and vegan over January? Never saw the appeal of it myself. Why make January an even more long and miserable month than it already is?

Peace and good will to all men!

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Great post Andy!  :)

Yep Happy Christmas to everyone!

Looking forward to the first meet in the new venue.

I contacted the Centre a few weeks ago about the brewday so will chase them up but they were definitely keen to run another one.

+1 on getting a few thoughts for 2015.

Will anyone be entering/attending the Nationals?

Quote from: Bazza on December 23, 2014, 01:40:13 PM
Do any of you go all detox and vegan over January? Never saw the appeal of it myself. Why make January an even more long and miserable month than it already is?

Ah no - had thought of it at one stage but reckoned life's too short!

Ciaran

Yea, sadly I'm going to try and cut back severely but as said life's too short so I'll be allowing myself the two nights out at the beer club belfast/homebrew club at the least. 

For the nationals I think we're going to stick in that espresso porter in that we brought to the last meeting (managed to put a couple of bottles put past for it, hopefully it has aged well).   Will likely also brew an IPA and maybe a stout but I'd need to pull the finger for that and brew one over the holidays.

Wonder if santa has took the hints ;)

Roo

Nice one Andy. Hope you all have a great Christmas! I've a few days off in January so I plan to get one or two brews on again. Sticking with the eating and drinking all year round. Can't help meself!
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

@geterbrewed

Happy Christmas guys, keep us updated about the brewday we'll provide the ingredients, btw loved the three beers that Barry dropped in from the last brew day
Get 'er Brewed

Join the Revolution.

www.geterbrewed.ie

Quiet_Man

'Twas a dank, dark and wet Boxing Day - but I just found some Farmageddon Cascadian Dark Ale at the back of the cupboard! Woo, hoo!!!!

BrewBilly

Hope all you chaps had a good Christmas, all the best for 2015.

The missus got me that 6 pack of Marston Golden Ales, not too bad.

Otherwise been drinking a robust porter of my own creation, not to bad, i will bring some to the next meet.

I am keen for more club events this year, a few more brew days would be good to pencil in.

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

DubbelD

Happy belated Christmas all !

I was checking my store cupboard last night and found a few hidden bottles of London Porter from 2 years ago. Not only has it survived, it's improved...so now there's only 1 300ml bottle left. I guess that means I have to brew another porter or a stout to see us through winter.

See you soon...ish !