• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 09:52:42 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2015 Nationals

Started by Quiet_Man, January 16, 2015, 09:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiet_Man

So, what are you all secretly brewing for the Nationals?

You are obviously all up to something! It's gone quiet again.

Afraid, I've missed the boat. I had hoped to brew over the holidays, but other things got in the way.

Hoping to kick off 2015 this weekend with a Proper English IPA - courtesy of the Geterbrewed Xmas Raffle. Then maybe a Lager.

Any news on a January meet?

beerfly

its not too late im planning to brew on sunday  :P
cutting it close but do able

Bazza

Quote from: Quiet_Man on January 16, 2015, 09:38:29 AM
So, what are you all secretly brewing for the Nationals?
Afraid, I've missed the boat. I had hoped to brew over the holidays, but other things got in the way.
Hey Andy. Yeah; been dead quiet here too. Finally got a brew on last night; my first since November!
I was off work more than 2 weeks over Christmas and in all that time didn't get a second to do anything beer-related except for drinking large amounts of it. As a result, my stocks are worryingly low and I've only just in the last day or two gotten back to liking beer again  ???  Staying clear of red wine for another while yet.

Quote from: Quiet_Man on January 16, 2015, 09:38:29 AM
Any news on a January meet?

Yeah, like I say, been lying low for too long. I should have been trying to get a meet set up long before now, so I'll post something up today.

Cheers,

And as they say 'IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK'.
(just about the worst choice of celebrity to be paraphrasing there)

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bubbles

Quote from: beerfly on January 16, 2015, 10:12:37 AM
its not too late im planning to brew on sunday  :P
cutting it close but do able

You're cutting it fine lad! The judges will have to top crop your beer before drinking it...  ;) ;)

sub82

Good stuff lads!

Not really had the time myself either.

Re-entering one of my IPA Fest entries probably under a different category, a saison and possibly a pale ale which is fermenting away and will hopefully be ready in time.

Ciaran

January 16, 2015, 06:58:51 PM #5 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:43:45 AM by Ciaran
Just about to stick an IPA on the gas. Completely winging it with a mix of Magnum, Amarillo, citra and centennial. Hopefully it conditions on time :)

jamesyfin

Be my first time putting in for a competition, jst finished that whitbier so gonna put that in see how it goes :)
James fin

BrewBilly

Probably a daft question on my part - when is the Nationals and how do you enter?

I was thinking of entering a robust porter that I brewed back in November which I posted the recipe here on the forum.

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

sub82

Quote from: jamesyfin on January 17, 2015, 12:36:06 AM
Be my first time putting in for a competition, jst finished that whitbier so gonna put that in see how it goes :)

Good man! You'll never get more honest feedback than through a competition.

sub82

Nice one Andy - should definitely fire it in for the craic!

There are 2 judging events, one the 21st Feb in Galway and the second the 7th March in Dublin. The cut off date to have entries to the drop points is the 8th Feb. The Vineyard on the Ormeau Road is the Belfast drop point.

Just register your entries here:

National Homebrew Competition 2015

Amac47

I am going to submit my Timothy Taylor Best Bitter ( Graham Wheeler recipe) bottled on 7th Dec.

Alan