• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 24, 2024, 02:07:07 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Back at it from Clare

Started by RobShamrock, February 10, 2015, 11:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobShamrock

Hey Gang, finally bitten the bullet and going to try my hand at homebrewing again, last time was way way back in my late teens in the early 90's. Now in my early 40's and with an improved palette etc. I'm hoping my experience will be better, with a better skill set, improved quality kits, and most importantly missing when you're 18/19 some patience !!. Have a kit ordered http://www.homebrewwest.ie/brewsmarter-premium-starter-beer-kit-x28best-valuex29-844-p.asp, and some mixes to get me started. Craft Range Blonde Lager, Bad Cat Imperial Red 4.7 Kg Beer Kit & Coopers Brewmaster India Pale Ale 1.7kg Beer Kit. So should get me started, looking forward to its arrival, must tell the wife, dont think she'll be as excited.

I've some begineer questions though, do I post here or elsewhere ?

bring on the brews   :)

DEMPSEY

Ask away but put the questions on the sections best suited so as people can see them ;)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

RobShamrock

johnrm

Welcome to the NHC Rob. Where are you in Clare? I'm ex-Ennis, now living in Midleton.

RobShamrock

Ardnacrusha not far from the power station

RobShamrock

Just got my shipping notification so ill be all set for the weekend.  Hopefully Sunday

RobShamrock

wee bit smaller by the looks of the photo

RobShamrock

Quote from: Bock on February 10, 2015, 10:33:17 PM
Quote from: RobShamrock on February 10, 2015, 10:19:43 PM
wee bit smaller by the looks of the photo

Size isn't everything ;) Turlough Hill output 292Mw, Ardnacrusha output 86Mw.

that applies to many things in life I do believe ;)

Beej

Hey Rob, I'm new on here was well, living out by Lahinch, into hacking kits/extract and hopefully about to take the leap into BIAB/AG next! Let us know how those craft range kits are!

RobShamrock

Will do, dont know which I'll do first, dpd delivered earlier today to me here in work, a fine large hefty no. of boxes with all the bits, my wife is not going to be impressed when I arrive home,  hoping to start sunday if I have time.

johnrm

Make a batch of whatever she likes herself, that will sweeten her. That's why I have a batch of strawberry and lime cider on...

RobShamrock

She likes bud !  or hoors lite 😂

johnrm

ooh. Maybe try a cerveza kit.

Chris

Hey Rob, I've just sold up out in west limerick and will be moving to Meelick in the next couple of weeks. I'm only going to be 5k from your neck of the woods. I've gotten rid of a lot of my gear but will be building an all grain set up once I'm in situ.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

RobShamrock

I'll have to see that in action when your up and running, I'm tight for space and I think the missus would loose her life, good luck with the move