• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:09:04 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewday!

Started by sub82, February 16, 2015, 04:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

I'd be up for a march meeting. Twill be my first also. I'll bring along my botched red ale attempt which has ended up somehow along the lines of a brown ale. Its also the one which I think has astringency

sub82

Exciting news!!!

Matthew has very kindly offered Boundary Brewing as a venue for our brewday! The brewday will run as normal on homebrew equipment.

Should be good!

Now.... What to brew?!

Ciaran

Awesome stuff.  Is the plan to do all-grain, extract or both?

Bazza

Sweet! At least if our brew fecks up we have something huge to fall back on :)

Ciaran - Deffo an all-grain at least, but Might be an idea to run an extract or kit while the all-grain's doing its thing.

We need to minimise a load of waiting around for stuff to finish. Maybe even 2 staggered all-grains e.g. Full mash interspersed with BIAB?

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

banjobrew

Do we vote on what to brew?
Belfast Homebrewers.

Roo

Many hands make light work lads. I like Bazzas idea of a staggered start so we don't twiddle our thumbs or drink too much. Is the date and time confirmed? Plus where is the Boundrys premises?
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

banjobrew

Quote from: Amac47 on March 05, 2015, 11:16:52 AM
So we have an agenda now what about having a March meeting?  A Wed/Thurs night at Spoons perhaps with a different room? I thought that the last meet we had at Spoons was a real success.

Alan

What about this meet up then? The last one was good craic. I've a blonde ale that needs an inspection I'm sure you'll all gladly help me with.
Belfast Homebrewers.

Bazza

Hi All,

Just a reminder that the brewday's happening on Saturday 25th April in Boundary Brewing.

Planning to kick things off around 10am.

Before we go ahead with sorting the finer details, I just wanted to get a feeling for numbers. Not to sound too dictatorial but, given how close we are to the day, I would prefer 100% definites:

1. Bazza

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

100% fo' sho'!

1. Bazza
2. sub82

Quiet_Man

1. Bazza
2. sub82
3. Quiet_Man (after footy, 12 ish)

robotmonkey

I haven't been able to make it to any of the club meets yet but wouldn't mind coming along to this to get some tips. Is that alright?

sub82

Yeah man absolutely! The more the merrier! It's completely open to everyone :)

And if you've any suggestions, ideas, etc., fire them up here!

Bazza

I'll be at a Spinal Tap tribute night on the Friday before so can I suggest some kind Stone 'Enge- themed brew?

That, or a sex farm.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

robotmonkey

..Lick My Beer Pump lol

Bazza

Quote from: robotmonkey on April 14, 2015, 05:59:27 PM
..Lick My Beer Pump lol
:D

D minor is such a sad little chord.