• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:41:37 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Re: belfast homebrew club

Started by admin, January 17, 2013, 03:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Welcome aboard Matthew. We can put out the word on twitter etc and see if we can find any homebrewers up that way. We certainly had a lot of interest in our NHC t-shirts when we were at the CAMRA gig in the Ulster Hall last year.

matthewdick23

JimmyM

Closest i think i know online is mettatron whos in newry.

Be good to spread the coverage up that way :)

You entering the competition matthew?
Formerly JamesM.

matthewdick23

yup- planning on it. as long as something worthwhile is brewed in next little while- will be there entry or no entry though

JimmyM

Cool!
Should be a good day out :)
Formerly JamesM.

matthewdick23

actually, just realised im in that states that wkend

balls

Will_D

January 17, 2013, 07:23:41 PM #6 Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:24:15 PM by Will_D
Quoteactually, just realised im in that states that wkend

balls

Ah But! 

There's always a BUT:

You can still enter as the closing date is about 15th of Feb

Just get the beer to us and we will do the rest. You will recieve a detailled score sheet from the judges which is probably worth the entry cost:

€5 for 1, €3 for 2, €9 for 5 Really is exceptional value to have your beer professionally appraised
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Ciderhead

Quote:)

Matthew I went to the cask ale festival tasting session wearing my NHC t-shirt and there was loads of interest, we are an all island group and really need somebody to start something in your neck of the woods.
Could I suggest you get onto Tube and create an area on the Home page of the forum, as I am convinced "if you build it they will come!"
As regards entries we have no official drop point in Belfast but i am up there every other week, so just drop me a note and I would be delighted to collect your entry.

Damo

Just a thought....

Would it be an idea to contact jimsbeerkit mods and ask about posting a link to the comp.

I know there are plenty of members there based in northern ireland

Ciderhead

Absolutely, I think one of our members spud365 did that already but welcome to if he hasn't

matthewdick23

ciderhead, thats great- thx for the offer. i'll be in touch once ive brewed some!

Quote:)

Matthew I went to the cask ale festival tasting session wearing my NHC t-shirt and there was loads of interest, we are an all island group and really need somebody to start something in your neck of the woods.
Could I suggest you get onto Tube and create an area on the Home page of the forum, as I am convinced "if you build it they will come!"
As regards entries we have no official drop point in Belfast but i am up there every other week, so just drop me a note and I would be delighted to collect your entry.

matthewdick23

so I'm starting to get some interest from folks. I was wondering who would be good to talk to concerning ideas etc? Would love to trade msgs with someone who founded a hb club somewhere else in ireland. just to bounce ideas off and hear ideas from

matthew

Ciderhead

Tube just put it up please Matthew and I can talk to each other on it  :)