• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 04:56:29 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

haven't gone away, ya'know

Started by matthewdick23, February 05, 2013, 04:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthewdick23

just wanted to let people know that things are still moving along

just waiting to hear back from a couple of places then I hope to announce the venue for our first get-together

Matthew

sub82

Sounds good! Will hopefully be able to make it.

matthewdick23

so guys, first place said no. waiting to hear back from a second bar.

at this stage, though, I just wanna get together somewhere.

does anyone have any suggestions or contacts? i'd prefer a bar to partner with us, but to start with, happy with anything really

thoughts?

matthewdick23

ha!

ive brought some american beers home if thatll entice ppl- have a taste- dofish 90 min, some russian river sours/wine barrel aged to start off with

Will_D

Quoteha!

ive brought some american beers home if thatll entice ppl- have a taste- dofish 90 min, some russian river sours/wine barrel aged to start off with

Tasting commercial beers at one of the Homebrew meetups is a bit of a no-no!

After a few meets tasting HB and buying a few of the hosts offerings and even buying food you might ask if you could do a tasting of something special.

If you could get the owner and managers to taste and rate the beers then that would be more like a rep calling round.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

matthewdick23

QuoteWe can put out an ABP on social media, looking for a homebrew-friendly bar in Belfast that'd be willing to host monthly meets?

sounds good tube- you wanna do it? i have a contact in the hudson, which I think would be great. waiting to hear back from him. you wanna include them in any tweeting or facebooking or whatever you were thinking?

Matthew