• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 24, 2024, 06:10:21 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hudson

Started by matthewdick23, March 06, 2013, 04:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthewdick23

So the hudson are more than happy to host and support us! 

they are a bar at back of castlecourt in belfast. tehy have some pretty good beers on offer

they're happy to let us drink our own. obviously we'd want to be buying from them too

If you know the place, they are offering us the smaller room out the back- great spot. big enough for about 40, so space to grow. got a fire in there too which is nice

So they said they could give us the space exclusively on a wednesday or a thursday.  I asked about a Friday and they said yeah, but that it wouldn't be exclusively for us.

So what do we all think? let's get a date- how about a night this month?

15th or 22nd?  i suppose firstly, we'd need to decide what day- do we want a friday with other folks there? or a quieter night to ourselves?

thoughts?

matthewdick23

sweet thx! so excited.  obviously we are the prestigious club in ireland, seeing as we have the grandbrewmasterchampionoftheworld

sub82

Haha!

Good stuff and a great bar to hold it in - have to say a Friday would be preferable for us too.

Can't do the 22nd - possibly the 15th? I'll double check...

What about natures way on the newtownards road? They stock homebrew ingredients so may have some regulars who'd be interested? Would it be worth doing flyers?

sub82

The Hudson forum also has a homebrew thread, might also have some people up for it?

I can ring natures way in the morning if you want.

sub82

Ahhhh! Can't do the 15th - 29th?

matthewdick23

k, how bout apr 5th?

matthewdick23

and yeah, let's get nature's way involved. maybe vineyard too- be good to keep them in the loop after helping with the hbc

sub82

Sorry that was meant to be what about the 29th?

Cool - I'll give them a ring too. Is there anything we could print off? How did the other groups recruit?

matthewdick23

29th wouldnt work for me- will we shoot for the 5th and see who can make it?

sub82

Can't make the 5th - sorry to go round in circles but we'd probably be able to change plans to make the 15th.

kaipee

Hey guys,

Either 15th or 29th sounds good to me.
What exactly is the deal, just an initial meet up?

What do you mean having the Hudson 'host' us?

I'll put a wee post out on Google Plus also for any other locals.

Keith

sub82

Hi!

Good stuff!

Think the plan is to meet there, bring some brews to sample and then stay for a few commercial ones.

They've a back room we can use so we wouldn't be sitting in the main bar.

matthewdick23

k, I;ve moved things around. can do the 29th- will I confirm that with the hudson?

yup, wot chris said.

some homebrews, quick chat together about future plans/ideas

then drink more beer and let the bant ensue

matthew

sub82

March 07, 2013, 02:45:02 PM #13 Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:45:48 PM by sub82
Yep - sounds good!

Spoke to Nature's Way, they're attempting to start their own Belfast homebrew club but are happy to accept some flyers/information. They seem happy enough that there would be some crossover which is positive.

The Vineyard too are also happy to help.

I'll get the flyer printed and dropped off before the weekend. I can post a copy of it here if anyone wants a copy.

matthewdick23

sweet chris- just pmd you, but your above post answers the question

good stuff