• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 05:17:10 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hudson

Started by matthewdick23, March 06, 2013, 04:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BelfastBottler

Hi guys

New to all this brewing Craic I would I've to attend on the 29th but I'm on night shift that Sunday. Will try and get it off, even if I can't make it I would really like to get evolved.

BelfastBottler

Please ignore the above reply, was looking at the wrong month on my calendar lmao.... I can def attend on the 29th.. Isn't that Good Friday?

matthewdick23

it is yeah, hopefully wont be a problem for too many. easter saturday will technically have started then anyways... ::)

sub82

March 07, 2013, 10:50:50 PM #18 Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:59:45 PM by sub82
Think it'll be early closing, but that should be grand?

matthewdick23

aye, waiting to hear back from them

matthewdick23

just to confirm the 29th at hudson, 7pm.

we have some posters up there, sent some to the vineyard and the homebrew store on nards rd- major thx to chris for sorting all this out

thought i'd start a list of who is coming and what folks can bring:

matthew  spiced stout and iipa. [i can bring yeasts if ppl want them- chimay red, westmalle tripel, wlp001, 007, duvel]

matthewdick23

yup, np

this is just a screenshot. i have a better quality image without the belfastisms if you guys want it

sub82

Great stuff!

We've an IPA, an ESB and a raspberry ale. Will try and harvest some WLP001 but I've never attempted it before! Any tips?

johnrm

Is the pic of a hand throwing grain into a bucket?
Is it upside down?

johnrm

Grist into Tun.
D'oh!

Ciderhead

johnrm

matthewdick23

QuoteIs the pic of a hand throwing grain into a bucket?
Is it upside down?

yup, well, its actually me pouring the grain into a bucket to weigh, before doughing in.

good times!!

Bazza

Hi there,

I think I've been given the necessary clearance (i.e. the wife is allowing me) to go to the Hudson this Friday.

Just checking what the form will be regarding bringing samples. I've recently moved to corny kegs so don't have a huge amount of bottled stuff, but I can bring a selection of 3 or 4 different brews, some I'm less happy with than others. But it's all about the feedback, I suppose; I've never tasted anyone else's home brewed beer before, so I've never had anything to compare with.

Looking forward to this meeting - really hope it gets the interest to keep it going. We're long overdue something like this in Belfast.

Good choice of venue too. Brewdog and a few other decent ales on tap  :)

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

matthewdick23

hi Bazza

we want to bring some to taste with each other.  but we also want to make sure we're not drinking our own stuff all night- want to give hudson some good business too.

so i'd say maybe a couple bottles of each, if u can. maybe bottle it just before u come along? not sure about that, never used cornys before

matthew