• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 19, 2024, 02:20:31 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The results - The Oslo, Galway Leg, 21 Feb 2015.

Started by Partridge9, February 22, 2015, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helmet

[/quote]

Hope so I'd really like to see the Black IPA Recipe.
[/quote]

Ask and you shall receive. Here's the Black for what it's worth.
I'm a newcomer to Brewsmith, so please excuse me if it's arseways!

Will_D

The point is to share the recipes. For the Nationals its not compulsory but for the smaller regional comps like Wikkla then it is requested that you share!

No one is going to be castigated for not publishing the recipe but hey: If you got Gold in the Nats then why not share the recipe?

UNLESS: You are about to go commercial :)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DEMPSEY

Well I have shared my Monkey Butt Brown Ale and would like to see it commercial :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

molc

Never understood secrecy in recipes. It's not like anything stays secret even in the commercial industry very long. Going pro has a lot more to do with procees and marketing than a super secret special recipe.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Rossa

Quote from: molc on March 06, 2015, 08:49:26 AM
Never understood secrecy in recipes. It's not like anything stays secret even in the commercial industry very long. Going pro has a lot more to do with procees and marketing than a super secret special recipe.
Absolutely.

It's nice for less experienced brewers to see what works and learn how to create their own based on trusted recipes that are peer reviewed.

molc

Something that would be a great learning exercise would be for members to brew some of those recipes and have them judged or tasted again to see how they differed as well.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

DEMPSEY

Quote from: molc on March 06, 2015, 08:49:26 AM
You got it in one ;). There is hardly a commercial beer out there that started as one beer and is now totally different. :o
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

johnrm

Not that my beers are any good, but I am in the habit of listing the ingredients on my bottle labels.
It is useful at a tasting when someone asks 'WTF did you put in that!'. I then point at the label  O0

Qs

Quote from: helmet on March 05, 2015, 05:53:56 PM

QuoteHope so I'd really like to see the Black IPA Recipe.

Ask and you shall receive. Here's the Black for what it's worth.
I'm a newcomer to Brewsmith, so please excuse me if it's arseways!

Cheers. Looks good, might add it to the list. Quick question though are the measured gravities, etc accurate or just the BS default?

Qs

Actually sorry here's another question Helmet. Was it really only 15 IBUs? How does an 15 IBU Black IPA win a gold medal?

helmet

Sorry, I never adjusted the gravity readings. OG was 1065 and FG was 1018.
As for the IBU, I couldn't tell you. Like I say I'm new to BS and may well have fupped something up along the way.

Qs

Takes a bit of getting to know alright. I assume it was bitter though yeah?

helmet

Bitter enough anyway! I just ran the numbers again and it came in at 47.