• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 05:14:54 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March/April meet in Spoons - please vote

Started by Bazza, March 13, 2015, 03:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiet_Man

Bazza

Okay so Thursday 9th shades it by a whisker. Easter week so schools and maybe some dads off too.

I'll get on the blower to Spoons.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Quote from: Quiet_Man on March 20, 2015, 11:08:02 PM
Don't worry Bazza, we'll bail you out!

Haha. Nah. All good, yer honour. A simple case of mistaken identity; I mistook his face for my fist pocket.

Was in that Woodcutters for a couple too. Good wee spot, decent beers and good prices.

Took my mate to Filthys for 1 just to illustrate how places can be shit yet full of their own self importance at the same time. Horrible place. Way too many beards as well.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Ciaran

Was in the woodworkers last night too for a swift pint.  Trouble brewing Remix India Pale Lager was lovely stuff. 

Quiet_Man

Finally made to the Woodcutters myself, through the week. Quiet, well it was the day after St Patrick's, but enjoyed some White Gypsy Stout and a Wheat Beer.

Haven't got the details to hand, but think there is a meet the brewer event at The Errigle next week with Farmageddon.

Glad you are still a free man Bazza. At least you didn't have to resort to stabbing yourself in front of the psni and risk a tazer! Here that's a good name for my chili stout - Tazer - it tingles!

Bazza

Woodworkers is it?  Haha. Been getting that wrong for some time now.

Aye; I was on the Remix too. One of the better TB creations I've had.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Ended the night in the Errigle. Had a Thornbridge stout. Nice but was well into kebab territory by that stage. What night is the brewer thing in the Errigle, Andy?

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Roo

My Friday night amounted to a lonely pint in Ballymena Spoons as I waited on the young fella leaving work. £1.39 a pint. Rock n Roll
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

belfastjacko

I also have been in woodworkers this week and had a pint (or 3) of Remix. I kind of bought it without thinking much about it, and when i got to my table id forgotten what id even ordered, looked at it and thought oh some kind of light lager.....as i brought it to my mouth the hops punched me right in the face. Was not expecting such aroma from such a light looking beer. Very refreshing very enjoyable and at £4.10 (?) very affordable. And Irish too, which I like.

Bazza

One thing about the woodworkers I noticed was the apparent belief that as long as the foam reaches the top of the glass it can be counted full. I did point this folly out to the young lady to which she obligingly topped my pint up with yet more foam. Beer-flavoured candyfloss it was.

18 quid for 2 mojitos in the place that used to be Bar Bacca. Christ alive!

That's my old man 'things are more expensive than they used to be' rant over for the day  :)

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

The Errigle' s next meet the brewer event is on Thursday 26th March with Farmageddon. Beers and some rare breed bacon up for grabs.

Check for the details on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/FarmageddonBeer/status/579003451343908864/photo/1

Bazza

Ah bollocks. I'm out with work that night   :-\

Cheers Andy.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

banjobrew

+1 for the woodworkers. Don't screw you over if you're just after a half. Get taplister for your phone and it'll tell you what they have on. Hawndy.
Belfast Homebrewers.

Bazza

Just off the phone with Darren from 'Spoons.

Thursday 9th April 8PM confirmed.

Going on feedback from the last meeting, they're going to reserve a couple of tables for us in the upstairs bar.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

Great work Barry!

Soooooo...................anyone got any new brews for us to sample?