• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:10:40 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March/April meet in Spoons - please vote

Started by Bazza, March 13, 2015, 03:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banjobrew

Paddys day cleared me out. Bad timing in that respect. If I can't bring a home brew I can bring the craic... And maybe a recipe book if anyone wants to flick through it or even swap.
Belfast Homebrewers.

Bazza

Yeah; don't get hung up on not having brews to sample; that's only part of it.

Just bring some sexy girls and all will be forgiven  :-*

Also, don't be afraid to bring brews you're not necessarily happy with and are looking for pointers on where you went wrong; other peoples' insights can be invaluable.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Roo

Quote from: Bazza on March 27, 2015, 01:17:13 PM

Also, don't be afraid to bring brews you're not necessarily happy with and are looking for pointers on where you went wrong; other peoples' insights can be invaluable.

Cheers,

-Barry

I HAVE ONE OF THEM. There's just something not right can't put my finger on it.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

banjobrew

Quote from: Bazza on March 27, 2015, 01:17:13 PM
Yeah; don't get hung up on not having brews to sample; that's only part of it.

Good stuff. As a new member I had a hard time remembering names... Perhaps a wee role call at the start and also their forum names? Maybe even an account of brews discussed? Too formal?
Belfast Homebrewers.

robotmonkey

Hopefully be able to make this one(my first). Only really been working with 1 gallon all grain test batches but might be able to bring a couple of bottles if it's ready  :)

Bazza

Quote from: banjobrew on March 27, 2015, 10:44:21 PM
Perhaps a wee role call at the start and also their forum names? Maybe even an account of brews discussed? Too formal?

Not at all. It's your meeting to get out of what you want.

We used to have this thing called an agend-ah forget it!

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

DEMPSEY

An idea would ye still have a little name badges that you would have had pinned to your jumper when you first went to school,ye could wear them. :P
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Roo

Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

Hi All,

Just a reminder about tomorrow's meet in Spoons from 8pm.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Will

I'm hoping to make this one and bring along a reddish ale which I think has a funny off flavour that has appeared in most of my brews

Bazza

Sound.

Have we many other takers, so I can phone Spoons before lunchtime with a rough idea of headcount so they can reserve us a table or two?

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

I should be there, but will probably be nearer 9pm. Leave me some beer!

Andy

sub82

Ciaran

Will

Well lads who do I look out for tonight? First time coming along so is there a secret handshake or something?