• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 02:16:55 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BBQs

Started by Pheeel, March 18, 2015, 01:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toylander

Quote from: Bubbles on March 18, 2015, 01:45:01 PM
Flavour - no comparison in my book! :)

I'm with you all the way. I had a gas bbq for years made by beefeater which is a good quality Australian make. I went back to charcoal (weber) with the chimney starter.
I found the gas bbq took a bit of time to clean where as the charcoal is just a case of emptying out the ashes.
I wont be going back to gas.

ronanp

Off last week and doing work in the garden in the good weather had my first two BBQ of the year. May they be the first of many this year.

Have to say I am another that votes for the charcoal and chimney starter, can't be beaten in my books.

NeillC

I have cooked on gas bbq's and a brick built charcoal bbq but I got myself a weber kettle after the brick one was removed during some renovation. You just can't beat the flavour of charcoal and you can use the kettle for indirect cooking and smoking. Gonna try a slow cooked pulled pork this summer.

Bubbles

I'm itching to fire up the grill too. I've got a Weber Smokey Joe! (hey, it's not about size, it's what you do with that counts... apparently...  ;)  :) )

I've got some nice experiments planned including a hickory smoked meatloaf - with smoky cowboy beans done on the grill as well.

Time to stock up on Frank's Hot Sauce...

winstonia

Ah the joy of firing up the egg, brisket and potatoes behind. A lot of hickory smoke came out when I opened her up

NeillC

Pork shoulder still smoking.

lordstilton

Nice looking brisket.. Where are your sourcing.. My butcher keeps getting me the flat with no cap.

winstonia

Quote from: lordstilton on April 08, 2015, 07:29:41 AM
Nice looking brisket.. Where are your sourcing.. My butcher keeps getting me the flat with no cap.

My butcher too, they are hit and miss sometimes.