• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 16, 2024, 09:35:29 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Buying advice

Started by Bugsyboy, March 27, 2015, 07:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugsyboy

Hi All
It was great to meet you all in Holland's last week. Thanks for the warm welcome. I've moved from kits and have now 3 extract brews under my belt. I want to move into all grain. I've made a mash tun, wort chiller and a boiler from looking at various youtube how to videos. Also I just got a fridge from adverts.ie and an stc1000 is on the way from ebay. I want to get a stock of grain and some hops to do my next 3 or 4 all grain brews. After the amazing samplings (which gave me a woeful headache btw!) at our meeting I want to do a lager, a kolsch and a pale ale and another wit beer.  I am aware that some grains cover more than one beer type so to save a few bob, and economies of scale etc can you advise me  my of what grains and what weights for 4 brews I should get and where. I normally buy from homebrew west or the homebrew company. I'll be at the motley brew and the new home brew west shop this weekend so I need a shopping list for grain, yeast and hops. Oh a few recipes for the above that are simple to follow would be great. Preferably ones you guys have used successfully. I'm not asking much!!
Thanks
Paul

fishjam45 (Colin)

Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/