• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:56:11 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Kegging Q & A

Started by cruiscinlan, April 23, 2015, 10:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcooney

Just buy them and hide them like I've done  :)

krockett

I'm hiding them in my new fridge - which I'm told we definitely don't have room for.

Acott

I had to break the news on Saturday, it's a relief to know I'm not the only one getting it in the neck  ;D

krockett

They're probably all moaning about us on another forum...

johnrm

StitchAndBitch.com for all your knitting and chatting.

krockett

Received the two tap tower today from mybeerandwine (the one on sale for 149). It's beautiful. Includes taps as well.

Ed

Quote from: Simon \_/ on April 28, 2015, 11:28:55 AM
A question. I bought a regulator from KegConnection in the states. The thread on it appears to be very slightly off from the gas tank I have.

http://www.kegconnection.com/chudnow-wye-regulator-double-gauge/

Any ideas what I can do with it?

I would guess it's an American thread, you'll need to replace the parts with (i'm guessing again) British standard threaded parts or find an adapter?

from wiki - The British Standard Pipe (BSP) is a family of standard screw thread types that has been adopted internationally for interconnecting and sealing pipe ends by mating an external (male) with an internal (female) thread and has been adopted as a standard scale used in plumbing fittings, except in the United States where NPT is the standard used.

Vermelho

Quote from: Simon \_/ on April 28, 2015, 11:28:55 AM
A question. I bought a regulator from KegConnection in the states. The thread on it appears to be very slightly off from the gas tank I have.

http://www.kegconnection.com/chudnow-wye-regulator-double-gauge/

Any ideas what I can do with it?

I did the same. Just swap the nut for a bsp and you're grand. AJ edge did it free for me coz they have them lying around and also thanks to Ciderhead.

Will_D

Quote from: Simon \_/ on April 28, 2015, 11:23:19 AM
This is what you see people suggest doing in order to carb up your beer initially but with my regulators the dial doesn't stop the flow of gas at a particular pressure so in practice it's on or off for me. I turn it on as little as possible and let it rise to about 20 psi on the dial then turn off the gas.
Simon, This sounds like a faulty reg! Talk to me soon!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Simon_

Quote from: Ed on April 28, 2015, 07:44:32 PM
I would guess it's an American thread, you'll need to replace the parts with (i'm guessing again) British standard threaded parts or find an adapter?
Thanks for articulating the difference. I think I read somewhere that AJ Edge could adapt an American thread. I might give them a bell.

Simon_

Quote from: Vermelho on April 28, 2015, 08:54:01 PM
I did the same. Just swap the nut for a bsp and you're grand. AJ edge did it free for me coz they have them lying around and also thanks to Ciderhead.

Sweet. Thanks. Knew I read about this somewhere previously.

Acott

I thought you lads were joking, mine smell like Fanta and Coke...pure heaven!

Quote from: mrmeindl on April 29, 2015, 08:48:59 PM
Got my 2 cornys today, bit of a whiff of 7up out of them but a bit of bread soda sorted that easily enough. A large amount of scrubbing was done to remove stickers & tape residue from the outside - now they're shiny!

Thanks for the tip, I was wondering how to get rid of it! Any tricks to getting the stickers off, bar elbow grease?

johnrm

Damo

Quote from: johnrm on April 29, 2015, 09:33:32 PM
petrol
???

You can use a Stanley blade to scrape the plastic off, sticky stuff remover after that!

Will_D

Cellulose thinners disolve most sticky stuff!

And by the way they smell wonder...fu....e....el..

Thats me sniffe dout! ???
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing