• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 10, 2024, 01:21:27 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Kegging Q & A

Started by cruiscinlan, April 23, 2015, 10:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

Quote from: Will_D on April 29, 2015, 10:04:14 PM
Cellulose thinners disolve most sticky stuff!

And by the way they smell wonder...fu....e....el..

Thats me sniffed out! ???
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Acott

Muchos gracias folks!

It's a job for the weekend I think

Qs

How come yous all got yours I'm still waiting on mine plus a load of ingredients since last week.  >:(

Paul B

So where are people ordering their taps/disconnects/regulators?  HBC seems mostly sold out and would rather avoid mybeerandwine.

Acott

Quote from: pdb on April 30, 2015, 10:24:37 AM
So where are people ordering their taps/disconnects/regulators?  HBC seems mostly sold out and would rather avoid mybeerandwine.

Hmmm I mailed them about their tap tower and didn't hear anything back!

Paul B

Quote from: Acott on April 30, 2015, 11:01:59 AM
Hmmm I mailed them about their tap tower and didn't hear anything back!

Yup  :-X

krockett

I ordered tower, regulator and fittings etc from mybeerandwine. Very fast delivery. Had to call him to get advice. He's unresponsive to mail.

NeillC

Anyone any suggestions for CO2 in the north?

Acott

Quote from: NeillC on April 30, 2015, 11:44:35 PM
Anyone any suggestions for CO2 in the north?

This lad is in Tyrone and will travel might be worth giving him a shout

http://www.donedeal.ie/otherbusiness-for-sale/co2-gas/8893849?offset=1

Vermelho

Quote from: pdb on April 30, 2015, 10:24:37 AM

Aliexpress has good disconnects and fittings. Not sure about their regs though.

pob

The Homebrew Company are currently doing very good prices on disconnects at Aliiexpress prices

beanstalk

Right, so getting my head round this kegging lark... A publican I know offered me a canister he had lying out in the back shed if I wanted it.

I couldn't take pics cus I didn't have my phone but...its about 3 foot tall, painted purple round the valve guard, and the body is painted green. It has a label on it that says 50/50 ( I assume nitro c02). It has a hand screw release valve, with what looked like a one inch connection at the side.its also full...

Does anyone know the kind I'm on about?

krockett

Kegged my first batch tonight. Am still waiting on my drip tray.

I had no idea whether there would be coolant lines where I was drilling but was lucky - it all turned out ok.

This fridge was too small for two kegs (55 cms - assumed it would be big enough) but I carved out some of the insulation and managed to get two in.

I got a 7kg gas tank from the guy in Mayfield in Cork. Cant fit it in the fridge - think its driving the missus mental. Had a leaky valve on one of my cornys, and just realised tonight that you need to buy new O Rings. The main o ring on the neck smells still of Fanta despite 3 soaks in Oxy clean, but I needed to get this batch off the hops - will be buying a few packs of new ones asap. Hopefully it'll be ok.

Would recommend the taps - ridiculously easy to set up. I'll be setting up a cooling system using a fountain pump in a couple of weeks when the bank balance has recovered from this.

auralabuse

Quote from: beanstalk on May 01, 2015, 11:22:13 AM
Right, so getting my head round this kegging lark... A publican I know offered me a canister he had lying out in the back shed if I wanted it.

I couldn't take pics cus I didn't have my phone but...its about 3 foot tall, painted purple round the valve guard, and the body is painted green. It has a label on it that says 50/50 ( I assume nitro c02). It has a hand screw release valve, with what looked like a one inch connection at the side.its also full...

Does anyone know the kind I'm on about?
Yep, sounds pretty standard. It's a German made bottle as opposed to boc which are everywhere. You need a mixed gas reg for it