• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 06, 2024, 01:36:58 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

B&M Belfast.

Started by Greg2013, May 22, 2015, 02:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

May 22, 2015, 02:57:18 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:04:49 PM by Greg2013
Just wondering guys if any of ye know does the B&M down by Belfast Central sell craft beer or any beer in fact ? I was told they don't but i know in the UK at least some of them do.  ;D Also Tesco around same area same question.Looking for places in East Belfast craft beer/homebrew related,sorry but new visitor to the vicinity so i haven't a clue. :P
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciaran

Don't think any of the B&M's sell beer or alcohol that I've noticed - you mean the B&M bargains chains or somewhere else?  Most Tescos have a half decent selection these days.  But if you can get over, your best bet is to get to the vineyard on the ormeau road, laverys on shaftesbury square or the lighthouse in whiteabbey.

Bazza

Hi Greg,

I was in the B&M near the Royal Avenue/Castlecourt area last week but saw nothing resembling craft beer in there.

On the plus side you can probably get a pack of 60 KitKats for 18p :)

The Tesco Metro beside Castlecourt/Primark does a limited selection of craft beers. Things like Sierra Nevada, though they always seem to be sold out of the stuff when I go there :(

Vineyard on the Ormeau Road, or Sainsburys in Forestside, or any of the larger Tesco's are your best bet for craft beers.

Can't help you with West Belfast, I'm afraid.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Greg2013

Quote from: Ciaran on May 22, 2015, 03:06:57 PM
Don't think any of the B&M's sell beer or alcohol that I've noticed - you mean the B&M bargains chains or somewhere else?  Most Tescos have a half decent selection these days.  But if you can get over, your best bet is to get to the vineyard on the ormeau road, laverys on shaftesbury square or the lighthouse in whiteabbey.

Yes the B&M bargain chains is what i meant, i know the UK ones sell beer but not sure of the one in Belfast. I am heading up again in a couple weeks so hoping to get at least one half decent craft beer place nearby. Thanks for the tips anyway if i don't get to them this trip i will try down the road. ;D

Quote from: Bazza on May 22, 2015, 03:07:48 PM
Hi Greg,

I was in the B&M near the Royal Avenue/Castlecourt area last week but saw nothing resembling craft beer in there.

On the plus side you can probably get a pack of 60 KitKats for 18p :)

The Tesco Metro beside Castlecourt/Primark does a limited selection of craft beers. Things like Sierra Nevada, though they always seem to be sold out of the stuff when I go there :(

Vineyard on the Ormeau Road, or Sainsburys in Forestside, or any of the larger Tesco's are your best bet for craft beers.

Can't help you with West Belfast, I'm afraid.

Cheers,

-Barry

I will check out those if not this trip down the road anyway. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Roo

Home Bargains in Larne sells craft beer but it's a fair oul hike from the Mecca of West Belfast.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Greg2013

Quote from: Roo on May 22, 2015, 04:14:50 PM
Home Bargains in Larne sells craft beer but it's a fair oul hike from the Mecca of West Belfast.

I'm just going to give the OH the place names and say bring me here  ;D

Bazza

Sorted, so all you need to do is say the following word over and over:

'Vineyard'

-Barry

P.s. Bring plenty of UK pounds.
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Greg2013

Quote from: Bazza on May 22, 2015, 04:39:59 PM
Sorted, so all you need to do is say the following word over and over:

'Vineyard'

-Barry

P.s. Bring plenty of UK pounds.

Indeed  ;D I swear there doesn't seem to be feck all round where she lives but i shall perservere and root them out ;D

Greg2013

I was chastied tonight and informed herself is an East Belfast lassie. :-[