• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 16, 2024, 07:48:48 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Franciscan Well Easter Fest

Started by johnrm, March 12, 2013, 10:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

Does anyone have dates or details for this?
The FW Website is very chocolate poker.

johnrm

Taf

As far as I am aware it's always the Easter weekend, so presume it is the same this year.

johnrm

I  thought that,  just confirming as I am not good for observing  Church  holidays.
The  People in the Mad monk are doing their thing the same weekend.

Seamus

Franciscan Well Easter fest in on this weekend, from 2 on both saturday march 30th and Easter Sunday. Heres a quick preview I wrote this mornin on my blog
http://thecorkwineblog.com/2013/03/25/franciscan-well-annual-easter-beer-festival-2013-preview/

Ciderhead

March 25, 2013, 12:09:38 PM #5 Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:10:52 PM by Ciderhead
Should have saved meself for this event instead of the cask ale festival, dammit will know for next year, as passes during "family time" cost me double.
Thanks for the mouth salivation in any case, love your comment
"Seen by many as the 'grandfather' of Irish brewing, the Franciscan Well Brewery was established Mr. Long in 1998."
I think you meant "Irish Micro Brewing" ;)

Taf

I've also heard that they have cask hophead on the Sunday, which is something I have never tried, and have been chasing for a while. It's a bit of a bugger, as I am probably going on the Saturday!

beerfly

http://www.beoir.org/community/viewtopic.php?t=9502&p=104788#p104788

already at least 8 must try's hopefully they will have all the ones i want on saturday.  it's probably wishful thinking to hope the sierra nevada wont be any of the easy to get ones

Creedence

QuoteI've also heard that they have cask hophead on the Sunday, which is something I have never tried, and have been chasing for a while.

I'm working inside in the Porterhouse, and we've the fingers crossed about getting a cask of Hophead down here in the near future, so hopefully your chance will come!

Exciting looking list alright, at least 8 or 9 definites on my list so far. Looks like it'll have to be halfs for the day again if I want to be capable of walking out of their in the evening!
Primary:
Secondary:
Conditioning: Cascade IPA, TCP (The Citrus Pilsener)
Planning: Dark Ale, Hefeweizen, Post-Punk Pale Ale, Belgian Dubbel, Extra Stout, Vanilla Choc Porter

Ciderhead

March 25, 2013, 10:15:49 PM #9 Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:24:29 PM by Ciderhead
QuoteShould have saved meself for this event instead of the cask ale festival, dammit will know for next year, as passes during "family time" cost me double.
It's in the middle of the Easter midterm break, so has a whole lot not to recommend it over the cask fest. Accommodation costs double for starters!

Same cost for that flea pit you booked me into last time, I'm still scratching, I don't know how I got back to wicklow with out a licence for carrying that much livestock outa cork.
Anyways Easter 2014 if anyone is interested I'll have a bigger car by then ;D

Creedence

Actually, I reckon the SN beer could be Tumbler cos it's just gone on in the Bierhaus... But I would love to go and find Harvest or something else on draught!
Primary:
Secondary:
Conditioning: Cascade IPA, TCP (The Citrus Pilsener)
Planning: Dark Ale, Hefeweizen, Post-Punk Pale Ale, Belgian Dubbel, Extra Stout, Vanilla Choc Porter

Taf

Got a message from Shane at the Well this morning saying that NHC members can skip the Q for the Easterfest. He said to show your membership card, but as we haven't issued them yet, I have asked him can anyone wearing a NHC hoodie or tshirt be eligible, so I think that should be fine.