• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 06:35:14 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

May meet: Wednesday 8th

Started by admin, April 08, 2013, 09:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinC

Quote from: brenmurph on May 09, 2013, 11:04:03 AM
<snip>
But as Colin says "holy jazus" turf not for me! Dats Y I gave him a bottle of LImey ;D

Ha!! T'was a bit much for me to be honest!  ??? Tasted a bit like drinking from a can that someone used as an ash tray at a party....Definitely an accuired taste!

But the lime wheat beer was brilliant - thanks for the bottle Bren - it will be enjoyed tonight!!

And anyone interested the Make Your Own Beer kits are short-dated & going for pretty much nothing in the Home Brew Company.

The Mild is €6.96 & the Wheat Beer is €7.66.
http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/make-your-own-beer-mild-40-pints-expire-april-13-p-1633.html
http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/make-your-own-beer-wheat-beer-40-pints-expire-april-13-p-1637.html

Less than €7 for a 1.8kg kit...get on it!!!!

IsMise

Yes indeed, tastings improving at Liffey Brewers meet-ups, well done all contributers twas a pleasure being there. Hats off to Dodge's "tropical stew", very well balanced beer, alcohol well hidden, and beautiful flavours... Blueshed's cider was lovely,  (and thanks for d bottle john), brenmurphs limey wheat ditto, but d turf beer, definitely an acquired taste.... I would drnk it again, maybe delzep might bring along his smokey ale to d next meet?
:P
Thanks for d heads up ColinC, orders are in  :)

brenmurph

kevin  PM me the details on that Do in Dublin will ya, dat we chatted bout at lucan see wat i can do

imark

Enjoying that bottle of black ipa now Blueshed. Nice beer! Thanks.

brenmurph

delzep

Quote from: IsMise on May 10, 2013, 02:24:06 PM
maybe delzep might bring along his smokey ale to d next meet?
:P

You mean it wasn't there on Wednesday?  >:(

Looks like I missed a good one. Hope to make it to the next

imark

Brendan can you remind me when you added the lime?

brenmurph

Two lime brews. De 1st one had a whole lime wit a few nics in de skin in primare for bout 4 days. The second one we tasted was two quarters of lime in 15 litres 4 days

imark