• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:05:10 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Lambic Barrel 2016

Started by imark, May 09, 2016, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imark

It's time to set the wheels in motion for the third yearly Liffey Brewers Lambic Barrel. I propose to follow the same approach we took last year. http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,9643.0.html

The date for the fill will be 4th June. Each contribution will be 25L. I've got some old hops that I will distribute those participating. All wort will need to be brewed and delivered to me on the day.

If you're ok with all the above and interested in participating in this barrel please add your name below. If we're oversubscribed we'll give preference to previous participants and active Liffey Brewers.

1. imark

DamienE

It's time to set the wheels in motion for the third yearly Liffey Brewers Lambic Barrel. I propose to follow the same approach we took last year. http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,9643.0.html

The date for the fill will be 4th June. Each contribution will be 25L. I've got some old hops that I will distribute those participating. All wort will need to be brewed and delivered to me on the day.

If you're ok with all the above and interested in participating in this barrel please add your name below. If we're oversubscribed we'll give preference to previous participants and active Liffey Brewers.

1. imark
2. DamienE

Rossa

1. imark
2. DamienE
3. Rossa

Sent from my R7f using Tapatalk

diarmuid

1. imark
2. DamienE
3. Rossa
4. Diarmuid

Leann ull

1. imark
2. DamienE
3. Rossa
4. Diarmuid

Reserve List
CH  Up to 50L if you need it.

lordstilton

1. imark
2. DamienE
3. Rossa
4. Diarmuid
5. Lordstilton

Leann ull

Jesus tough love in LV

It's the week before my holliers so probably a bit ambitious on my part in any case.

imark

I think that was accidental   :P

1. imark
2. DamienE
3. Rossa
4. Diarmuid
5. Lordstilton
6. CH

Leann ull

Feck it I'm in just let me know vol

molc

Quote from: CH on May 11, 2016, 10:42:47 PM
Feck it I'm in just let me know vol
Check out the top post ;) (25L)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

imark

There are a few missing from the list that were involved last year. So your prospects are looking good CH.
Will close the list of participants on Friday next (27th May) so we can organise contribution size and to allow time for required ingredient purchase etc.
If you want in on this get your name on this list by then please.

Leann ull

Looks straight forward enough, any pref on flaked or torrified, best that we all use same or does it matter?

We not following Cantillion's regime ;)?

Ingredients:
Per 25L

4kg of pilsner malt
2kg of unmalted wheat or torrified/flaked wheat
20g 4% AA Saaz (or equivalent to 10 IBU)

Mash:
Option 1 - Incl Cereal Mash - This is required for raw wheat as the first 2 steps are the ceral mash
1. Dough in 2kg of unmalted wheat and 400g of pilsner with 10L @60C
2. Increase temperature to 100C and hold there for 30min
3. Add 3.6kg of pilsner and 3L water. Adjust mash to 70C and hold for 2hrs, stirring regularly, then rest for 30min
4. Sparge with 20L @95C

Option 2 - Infusion step mash - This is best suited if you use flaked/torrified wheat or your kit doesn't suit doing the cereal mash
1. Dough in at 45c for 15min
2. Rest at 50c for 15 min
3. Rest at 65c for 45min
4. Rest at 70c for 30 min
5. Mash out  76c and sparge with 88c water

Boil:
Boil for 2hrs
Add 10IBU low AA hops @60min

imark

That process you've posted looks interesting. Are they Dodge's notes from the cantillon brewday? 🤔

Personally, I intend to give cereal mash a miss this year as I've a lot on my hands that day. I'd encourage trying it if you're curious about it. I'm leaning towards flaked wheat and step mash option.

imark

May 27, 2016, 09:19:47 PM #13 Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:25:48 AM by imark
Final list. Check the volume I have you down to contribute and adjust if it's incorrect

1. imark - 50L
2. DamienE - 25L
3. Rossa - 25L
4. Diarmuid - 50L
5. Lordstilton - 50L
6. CH - 50L

Top-up - Dodge 25L

Leann ull

I'm happy to bring the top up, loads there in any case
What's the volume 220+?

1. imark - 50L
2. DamienE - 25L