• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:47:37 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

5th annual Hops Harvest Day 2017

Started by brettdundee, September 06, 2017, 09:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettdundee

We're all ready to go . Just been preping BBQs etc and sampled a few beers. I'l email details in the morning. not capabl enow

tipp brewer

Thanks a million Brett for hosting such a great day. The food was amazing and I m sure you'll do brilliantly in the world championship, and thanks eoin for the lift home. It was good to meet y
Up with everyone. I m going to try to get a brew on today, just have to fit a camogie match into the middle.

Keg

Cheers Brett, that was a great day out. Good to catch up with everyone again.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Eoink

Great day and great food. Good luck to the relishbbq team in the World championship, from what I saw yesterday - I expect you will be wearing  the gold medal around your neck at the next annual hop harvest day. Looking forward to it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brettdundee

Twas a very enjoyable day out. Thanks for the great company and tasting some great brews to sample.

I found two garbage bags of hops left in the kitchen. Did someone forget them or did you leave them for me. Unfortunately I wont get time to use or dry them and have a freezer drawer full of them already, them so who wants them - going free ?

tipp brewer

I used all mine in a brew today. If someone forgot them and needs them brought to limerick, I could collect them and bring them in. If they are spare and you re going to throw them out I d love to take them off your hands and try drying them and using again. The brew today smelt great with those fresh hops. I could call around 5 30 on way home from work tomorrow if that suited you Brett.

brettdundee

Cool. Lovely day for a brew. If no one claims them, then that time should be OK.

brettdundee

After a pint and some catching up, here we are starting with the Cascades because, well, they've grown all over the picking bench.  8)

tipp brewer

Thanks for the extra hops Brett. Who needs a spare room when you can have a hop drying room. There was more than I thought to be fair.

beernut

Thanks again for the day Brett. Great food, beer and hops!

brettdundee

Your all welcome.

That's a great drying setup tipp brewer

tipp brewer

Brett how s the windmill going today. I presume you had to take it down.

Keg

Also, well done at the weekend Brett!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

brettdundee

Ophelia didnt get on with the turbine . http://brettandmaria.com/Energy/TurbineHurricaneOphelia.html
I didn't get chance to take down cause of bbq championship

johnrm

That's a bummer. Hope you get it all sorted.