• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 17, 2024, 03:16:26 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

TOG Brewday July 14th

Started by Padraic, July 11, 2013, 01:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

I know it's last minute and I'm sorry for being disorganised!

I will insert some further details of what will be happening on the day in here!

Venue: Tog www.tog.ie
Cost: Free (Donations will be accepted, by tog or the capital brewers)

Format:
Brewing -  All Grain, possibly Extract.
BBQ - Bring your own, discuss what will be needed below and we can all pitch in to bring some food along!
Beers - I'll have some of the beer from the last brewday, if others have anything ready to go, please bring a few bottles along to enjoy with the BBQ!
Talks - Has anyone got a talk/workshop ready to go for the event?

Kick off as always at 10:00, see some of you there!

01. Padraic
02. Jules

irish_goat

01. Padraic
02. Jules
03. Thomas

I'll bring my barrel stout yeah. BBQ sounds great! Get numbers first and then we can decide on what to bring. If one person buys the ingredients it might be handier then if everyone just pitched in a few euros.

I'll bring a few pale ales and I think I've some of the ginger beer left over too.

beerfly

stuck in work that morning :(, might see if i can leave early, after 13.30, sundays are pretty quite.

Shane Phelan

Too short notice for me unfortunately.  >:(
Brew Log

Dr Jacoby

Every little helps

Rossa

Padraic

01. Padraic
02. Jules
03. Thomas
04. Shane
05. Barry

Padraic

For those who are in doubt, please feel free to drop in for an hour if you're arpund the town!

Brew_Diva

This weekend away is sounding a little more hectic than I think I'll manage this weekend so am sticking my name down as a maybe  :-\

Deffo up for bit of a Barbie and hang out at TOG 4 a bit.... Will bring a few MichAles also...   ;)

01. Padraic
02. Jules
03. Thomas
04. Shane
05. Barry
06. Michelle

Brew_Diva

Hi all. We have the option of having a Capital Brewers Hops garden at Art Tunnel Smithfield

https://www.facebook.com/arttunnelsmithfield; some of you probably pass this regularly its along the luas line there at Smithfield- a gated community garden/ outdoor art space with lots of exposure to sunlight and there would also be plenty of climability for the plants as they grow with hammock and rope installation above it... the hops when they grow would also provide an interesting and aromatic curtain for the hammock so a really symbiotic scenario could be created there.

We would just need to ask very nicely to people in the club and so on who have their own hops growing and get cuttings of a few different varieties... anyone with green fingers also would be great to have a few pointers on how to deal with the cuttings and how they should be transported and then planted and so on... not an expert on this myself!!

The art tunnel is gated but anyone who wants to can become a keyholder
also Monday evenings there is "Beer and Weeding" for a couple of hours after work... and its also right next to Dice bar which is a good place.
Sophie who runs the space was pretty enthusiastic about the hops idea and also about us having some tasting sessions/ some kind of event there which I think would be cool especially if weather stays so nice.

Be great to hear if anyone else is interested in this project, or if anyone of ye who grow hops are willing to donate cuttings hopefully of different varieties

Cathal O D

01. Padraic
02. Jules
03. Thomas
04. Shane
05. Barry
06. Michelle
07. Cathal O D

I can bring my gas bbq if needed

Padraic

That would be great! Would you like to do a brew on the day as well?

CARA

Just seeing this now sorry, I'll happily pop along and I'll do a brew (mid summer low abv 60 min IPA) if there's a kind soul who can transport my gear down.
Upa Sesh

Padraic

Thanks everyone for a great day out! I think it was one of the most enjoyable ones so far!

Brew_Diva

Thank you, Padraic for organising everything. Great day all round!