• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:26:41 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Good beer pubs/beers in Limerick city/North Kerry

Started by TheSumOfAllBeers, August 16, 2013, 01:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSumOfAllBeers

One of the guys in our local home brew club (London) is heading to Limerick in a week or two, and he wanted to know what kind of good beer pubs are in the area.

He was also keen to try local Irish microbrews, and maybe even take in a brewery visit if it is in his path (he is going on to Castlegregory).

Any of you guys know what is good and local? And available? I wouldn't mind knowing for myself (been 2 years since I left).

loftybush

The Blind Pig would be worth a look, really good selection of craft beer.
There's also a place called the Crafty Fox after opening recently, but haven't been in there yet myself so can't really comment.

Don't know if this fits in your friends visit, but White Gypsy are doing a brewery tour and tasting on the 30th August.
http://www.whitegypsy.ie/brewery-tastings-and-tour.php

TheSumOfAllBeers

Found out about the Blind Pig, and the Crafty Fox from some others.

I dont think he can ramble too far - missus and 3yo in tow. Castlegregory -> Dingle isn't too bad, but he is the only driver. Templemore is definitely out, but I am looking forward to swinging by there myself when I visit the folks back in Roscrea next month.

It was actually loads of fun doing this research - great to see the Irish microbrewers getting a bit of traction.