• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 19, 2024, 11:25:17 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

February Meet

Started by sub82, January 22, 2014, 04:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Hey

Don't know how I missed that previous post confirming the 21st.  Maybe it was alcohol blindness?  the fusals are at it again!

Properly frustrated as we have booked a cottage up the coast that Friday afternoon!!!  Sorry guys.

Could probably leave a few beers for tasting though if anyone is interested. 

Roo

What's the agenda for the evening.....is there a brew on the stove?
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

How's about this for a preliminary agenda:

1. Happy New year and happy Valentine's greetings all round / Intro to any new members
2. Homebrew samples & House beer (as much as possible of both)
3. Agree on a date/venue/theme for March meet (brew build/equipment build, etc - this will determine if next meet is a Friday or a Saturday).
4. Ditto for April (and May?)
5. Any specific topic you would like help with or would like to share with the group? (post your thoughts or ideas and we'll cover as many as we can at the meet)
6. AOB e.g. anything we could do different regarding club/meets, etc
7. Ahh ff--fff---fug yish-all I'm geddin' a-naaerr fuggginn beeuurrrr yis fuggin b-b-basshhurss...

All suggestions welcomed.

Cheers,

-Barry

P.s. Do we want to take a head count at this stage?

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Quote from: Paddy on February 11, 2014, 05:32:10 PM
Could probably leave a few beers for tasting though if anyone is interested.

Thanks Paddy - might be better if you save them for whenever you can make it? What've you got on at the minute?

sub82

Haha - sounds good Bazza! We'll definitely be down for this.

iain_todd

At what point do we retreat outside to smash the bottles on the road?
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

belfastboozer

Will you guys be doing an all grain brew?

sub82

Quote from: belfastboozer on February 13, 2014, 11:02:04 PM
Will you guys be doing an all grain brew?

The Friday meets are just to sample homebrews - any brew demos are usually on a Saturday.

BrewBilly

Hi Chaps,

I have some samples from the last brewday that I will bring along, they should quite good. I also have a hefe weizen to bring although I am not sure if it is true to form as the HBC mixed up the order and got a hefe instead of an american ale - but hey ho it still goes down well.

Also have a Centenial own repipe ready for March/April.

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Paddy

Thanks Paddy - might be better if you save them for whenever you can make it? What've you got on at the minute?
[/quote]

Fair enough.  They'll probably be better by then anyway :) Actually got a bit going at the minute.

Got that Porter you helped me out with (didn't turn out too bad), a few messed up Saisons (if anyone wants to see how NOT to make a Saison haha - warning causes extreme hangover), Winter ale, Citra APA smash, Centennial/Cascade APA, Czech Pilsner in the fermentor at 4 weeks, 60L Galaxy APA going on tomorrow (hopefully it wont rain!!!) and an oatmeal stout in two weeks.

Also did an experiment where I brewed 9 ales in one day all hopped differently (tried keeping every other variable as constant as possible).  They are about ready to drink.  I could put a few up for tasting if anyone wants to do hop comparisons, a bit of identifying varieties in March/April, or something like that, etc.... Just a thought  ;D

Bazza

Shit. You've just reminded me. I've still to try that porter of yours.
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Andy man. Good to see you back on and brewing like a goodun. Next Friday should be a decent wee night.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Quote from: Paddy on February 15, 2014, 07:26:11 PM

Also did an experiment where I brewed 9 ales in one day all hopped differently (tried keeping every other variable as constant as possible).  They are about ready to drink.

Sounds really interesting - I love that sort or thing! How did you vary it? Different hops or different schedule?

sub82

Nice one Andy - Iain and I just attempted a hefeweizen for the nationals so will maybe bring some too!