• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:43:34 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

UK National Homebrew Competition

Started by alikocho, July 23, 2014, 10:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordstilton

Congrats bren and kellie..Great result

johnrm

That's fantastic lads. Congratulations!

Kevco5

MisterBurns

Fantastic result - well done the pair of you

bigvalen

Quote from: brenmurph on September 14, 2014, 10:05:03 AM
Thanks folks. As ye know we do work very hard. Does not always work out in case anyone thinks everything we enter does well, it dosnt  Our fantastic scwartsbier scored 16  not sure how but we will work on that. Once again testament to judging in general our 2 golds are the two best beers we entered and james & co, the weiss is de special recipe and process i freely shared since our weihenstephan trip where we got married. The weiss is weihenstephan weiss clone with some tlc and a fridge to bring the fermenter to minus 2c. The kolsh..well what can i say..it  is the one on oak cask at our kildare wedding fest. Ye all tried and tested it and drained my cask. It was the same kolsh in ncb comp. Very subtle and tricky beer to brew and got its just reward.  The rest our shilling and english pale scored late 30's 38 & 36 i think, happy with that. Its not easy to bottle package, ship to uk in advance and hope a live beer is perfect on presentation to a judging table as we lose temperature control and so on compared to taking our entries to a comp in our cool box. So overall we are as pleased with this success as our irish nationals success. Once again our brew days are free, open and educational...come along. We start our lager campaign next week, hop picking fest oct 4th with a fresh hop bohemian pilsner on traditional saaz
I'm new but...what's the story with the brew days? I'm always up for learning, but based in Sutton with limited ability to travel unless I take kids :-)

And always good to learn from an expert...

John

johnrm

Brew days are an opportunity for people to meet, have beer, make and share beer.
Well worth going to if you can make it.

Will_D

Quote from: bigvalen on September 15, 2014, 06:27:24 PM
Quote from: brenmurph on September 14, 2014, 10:05:03 AM
Thanks folks. As ye know we do work very hard. Does not always work out in case anyone thinks everything we enter does well, it dosnt  Our fantastic scwartsbier scored 16  not sure how but we will work on that. Once again testament to judging in general our 2 golds are the two best beers we entered and james & co, the weiss is de special recipe and process i freely shared since our weihenstephan trip where we got married. The weiss is weihenstephan weiss clone with some tlc and a fridge to bring the fermenter to minus 2c. The kolsh..well what can i say..it  is the one on oak cask at our kildare wedding fest. Ye all tried and tested it and drained my cask. It was the same kolsh in ncb comp. Very subtle and tricky beer to brew and got its just reward.  The rest our shilling and english pale scored late 30's 38 & 36 i think, happy with that. Its not easy to bottle package, ship to uk in advance and hope a live beer is perfect on presentation to a judging table as we lose temperature control and so on compared to taking our entries to a comp in our cool box. So overall we are as pleased with this success as our irish nationals success. Once again our brew days are free, open and educational...come along. We start our lager campaign next week, hop picking fest oct 4th with a fresh hop bohemian pilsner on traditional saaz
I'm new but...what's the story with the brew days? I'm always up for learning, but based in Sutton with limited ability to travel unless I take kids :-)

And always good to learn from an expert...

John
Don't forget the NCB brew day at the Rugby club (Oct 4th) - we love kids - they can run riot arounf the place - indoors outdoors - swing on the bars, kick the S**t* out of rugby balls!!

Well thats what the members kids do anyway!

Guest' kids are usually better behaved!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Dunkel

+1 johnrm. If you want to learn how to make all grain beer, you can't beat Bren & Kellie's brewdays in South Kildare  :)

And well done Kellie by the way! Shame you had to share the glory with that other fella  :P

Just seen Will has posted a reply - North County Brewers are definitely your nearest/local club  :)