• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:23:25 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Limerick meet up

Started by Chris, May 09, 2013, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

I should be there for 8 if not before.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

brettdundee

QuoteBrett, do you know who/where the brew shop owner is at all?

I know him, but he is not in Limerick much these days.  I believe he still produces and sells 6 flavours of country wines.  Look for "Wine of the Glen" label.  The blackcurrent, and ginger are my favourites.
http://www.wineoftheglen.ie/

Adrianok

Blind Pig at 8 or 9, grand job. I'll be there. Shame about defering the tasting aspect of the meet, I was looking forward to that part. i suppose we could bring a bottle or 2 anywho and gauge it from there  ::)

Chris

Quote from: Adrianok on May 16, 2013, 02:05:12 PM
Blind Pig at 8 or 9, grand job. I'll be there. Shame about defering the tasting aspect of the meet, I was looking forward to that part. i suppose we could bring a bottle or 2 anywho and gauge it from there  ::)

The reason I suggested deferring the tasting is that I first wanted to see what kind of interest there would be in a meet up and we haven't officially cleared it with the bar. I don't want to be alienating the pub. There is nothing to stop anyone bringing a couple of bottles if they wish but they may have to remain in the bag.
Secondary:
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale

Cahalbrua

Quote from: Tube on May 15, 2013, 09:40:04 AM
Two things lads:
1. Looks like there are enough of you to warrant a Limerick Homebrew Club forum?
2. Anyone near Foynes that could collect something for me? :)
I should be able to get it from foynes to limerick and kept at my brothers till someones coming from limerick to Dublin

brettdundee

Will_D

Quote from: brettdundee on May 16, 2013, 01:04:54 PM
QuoteBrett, do you know who/where the brew shop owner is at all?

I know him, but he is not in Limerick much these days.  I believe he still produces and sells 6 flavours of country wines.  Look for "Wine of the Glen" label.  The blackcurrent, and ginger are my favourites.
http://www.wineoftheglen.ie/

These look very interesting!

I wonder what the Revenue said when he approached them for a wine making license or whatever?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Sammy7p

We had Chris, Mark(Loftybush), Brett, Adrian and Martin (Sammy7p... thats me) in the blind pig for a couple of sociables last night.  Great to meet all of you guys  :).

Chris had to bump off early so missed Adrian's Extract Ale which was steeped with Cascade and Citra Hops, smashing beer,  it got the thumbs up from all, and Mark had a bottle of his ginger beer for each of us to takeaway.  Brett and Mark had pics of their bar setups but I think we were most impressed with Bretts 8-10 full Fermenters of various beers and wines

Chris had a chat with Niall behind the bar to let him know what we were about and he's very happy to see us meet up again in the Blind Pig, so many thanks to Niall for having us!  We provisionally ticked off Thursday 13th June for the next meet up, same venue.

imark

Good stuff lads!

8-10 full fermentors  :o Thats surely a record. Are they temperature controlled? What's the setup? I need to see this.

johnrm

Thats a bit of a habit with Brett...  ::)

Eoink

Good to see a club starting up not too far from me. Hope to make it to your future meets.

Eoin

Padraic

Great work guys, could a mod set them up with a forum and move this post over there?

Adrianok

A good night had by all. Martin, you're too kind, but the next one will be better. I think that was the first of many beer filled evenings to be enjoyed by us, so perhaps we should - as tube suggested - get our very own forum?  Why not?

Chris

Though I didn't get to stay for the whole night I enjoyed meeting you all and having someone to talk beer with. I can't wait till the next time when we can give and recieve some feedback on our own beers. I feel that there could be a lot more interest and I think the venue was ideal.
Secondary: