• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 12, 2024, 03:02:26 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Old Rosie In Waterford.

Started by Greg2013, May 06, 2015, 08:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Was in WRH today for an appt. and on the way home decided it would be rude not to drop into World of Wines down the road,had a natter with the owner and perused the beers,then my eyes happend upon a 2litre demijohn of Old Rosie of all things and the cogs in my home brew head started turning and i literally went yessssssss to myself. :D

My elation was short lived however when i saw the €20 euro price tag,for a cider i now for a fact is less than £10stg anywhere in UK,sorry but despite my recent conversion on craft beer pricing via CH that is just absolutely taking the piss,no excuse for pricing it like that. >:(
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

armedcor

10 sterling is nearly 14 euro when you take into account the terrible euro now plus shipping on top of that. 20 is a bit steep though.

Kevin O'Roundwood

That's shocking. That was my booze of choice when I lived in the UK just 3 years ago. Used to get it for £4.25 in the local Morrisons supermarket

Buachaill dána

Greg2013

Quote from: armedcor on May 06, 2015, 10:15:38 PM
10 sterling is nearly 14 euro when you take into account the terrible euro now plus shipping on top of that. 20 is a bit steep though.

It's £6stg in tesco so £8stg would be nearer the mark for the equivalent store in UK IMHO(also from what hombrew UK friends have told me they pay in same kind of shop),that's €10.75 so even factoring in shipping and  of say €1.50 per bottle that still gives only €12.25,remember also it is available for £5stg or less in a lot of places in UK so really and truly the max it should be here IMHO is in or around €12-€13 euro. :)

Quote from: Kevin Roundwood on May 06, 2015, 10:23:23 PM
That's shocking. That was my booze of choice when I lived in the UK just 3 years ago. Used to get it for £4.25 in the local Morrisons supermarket

I agree even factoring in exchange rate atm(and tbh i think a lot of vendors are using this as an excuse to bump up prices even higher) it still is highway robbery at €20 euro for a 2 litre bottle. >:(
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)